Hacking seedminer (single system DSiWare injection)

If you are planning on using seedminer, do you have a dedicated graphics card in your PC?

• Yes!

Votes: 207 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 22.9%
  • What's dedicated graphics?

Votes: 35 7.6%
  • I'm a cat, we can just guess our movable.sed through feline intuition

Votes: 112 24.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
one question, i have a N3ds, but i transfer from a O3ds, in this step should i use O3ds firm?

The 11.4.0 / 11.5.0 / 11.6.0 (these versions all have the same FIRM version) .firm corresponding to the target 3DS (either “OLD” for Old 3DS, or “NEW” for New 3DS):
i suppose that, because i try obtain movable.sed from mii, and one of the steps ask u about old o new 3ds, first i choose new, and didn't work, after i choose old and work perfectly
DO NOT USE THE OLD FIRM ON A NEW 3DS - THIS WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

you are installing on a n3DS, so use the NEW firm.

(it clearly says the target 3DS)

dragonsacred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by dragonsacred,

Azarvc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm lost. I ran the seedminer on my hacked 3DS to hack my friend's daughter's 3ds.

I got her friend code_part1.sed, I renamed it movable_part1.sed and put it on her SD card (in the nintendo 3ds folder) in my PC.

I then moved the seedminer_launcher.py script into the nintendo 3ds folder on the SD card and ran it. It just instantly closes out. I then moved the contents of the seedminer folder to the nintendo 3ds folder on the SD card and tried to rerun the script. Instantly closes out. I moved the entire nintendo 3ds folder to the desktop and tried to run it there, just closes out.

I just don't get what the hell I'm supposed to do, what am I screwing up (besides all of the things)

I have tried python 3.6 (I think that's the latest) then uninstalled that and tried 2.7, still can't get it.

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, I'm lost. I ran the seedminer on my hacked 3DS to hack my friend's daughter's 3ds.

I got her friend code_part1.sed, I renamed it movable_part1.sed and put it on her SD card (in the nintendo 3ds folder) in my PC.

I then moved the seedminer_launcher.py script into the nintendo 3ds folder on the SD card and ran it. It just instantly closes out. I then moved the contents of the seedminer folder to the nintendo 3ds folder on the SD card and tried to rerun the script. Instantly closes out. I moved the entire nintendo 3ds folder to the desktop and tried to run it there, just closes out.

I just don't get what the hell I'm supposed to do, what am I screwing up (besides all of the things)

I have tried python 3.6 (I think that's the latest) then uninstalled that and tried 2.7, still can't get it.
don't just double-click the scripts, but run them through a command prompt - you always need to run the script with some command line options. Feel free to add me on discord and i can help you a lot better.

Marijnnl32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can someone help my i just did seedminer to hack my 3ds but if i try to open homebrew for the first time it give a error

Marijnnl32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please be a bit more specific.
Make a picture of the 3DS and explain what you are doing and what you are trying to achieve.
i will add you on discord and i send you a picture

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please be a bit more specific.
Make a picture of the 3DS and explain what you are doing and what you are trying to achieve.
i have send it

Azarvc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't just double-click the scripts, but run them through a command prompt - you always need to run the script with some command line options. Feel free to add me on discord and i can help you a lot better.

Oh snap, okay. I had opened one in python but the scripts were really long. I just shot you a friend request on discord

And while I was typing you accepted, haha.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

@zoogie one question, wouldn't be better, after finishing tutorial in readme.txt, go in this tutorial https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection) to section V instead of section VI?

continuing at section V will told u how to make a backup and what files put in sd
No, because if you use the b9stool i linked you wouldn't need those files. The only other files you need are covered in the readme.
The F0F1 backup is silly and unnecessary. b9stool only writes to F0 so it won't brick your system.
DO NOT USE THE OLD FIRM ON A NEW 3DS - THIS WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

you are installing on a n3DS, so use the NEW firm.

(it clearly says the target 3DS)
b9stool checks what model 3ds you're using and selects the correct native firm. if you didn't put the correct firm on the sd, it will error out.

I strongly recommend against advising people to use the 3ds.guide b9stool. it's outdated, harder to use, and less safety checks.

Mike15678

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to post my msed_data.bin file (to help with future brute forcing) so here it is:

Attachments

• msed_data.zip
    154 bytes · Views: 75
Reactions: zoogie

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, because if you use the b9stool i linked you wouldn't need those files. The only other files you need are covered in the readme.
The F0F1 backup is silly and unnecessary. b9stool only writes to F0 so it won't brick your system.

b9stool checks what model 3ds you're using and selects the correct native firm. if you didn't put the correct firm on the sd, it will error out.

I strongly recommend against advising people to use the 3ds.guide b9stool. it's outdated, harder to use, and less safety checks.
huh, i didn't see you had your own fork of b9stool.
I'll update my part of the guide to reflect that and tell to continue with Section VI as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

huh, i didn't see you had your own fork of b9stool.
I'll update my part of the guide to reflect that and tell to continue with Section VI as well.
Would it be safe to re-run b9stool on my already-CFW 3DS to see how it runs myself? I just want to make sure what i write down for people is accurate.

Reactions: zoogie

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Would it be safe to re-run b9stool on my already-CFW 3DS to see how it runs myself? I just want to make sure what i write down for people is accurate.
i don't think so, firm known-plaintext hinges on the fact that you are giving b9stool an image of your real FIRM partition. if you give it the 2.54 FIRM stock unhacked image while your 3DS's FIRM partition has B9S in it, it'll probably brick

Last edited by MrJason005,

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i don't think so, firm known-plaintext hinges on the fact that you are giving b9stool an image of your real FIRM partition. if you give it the 2.54 FIRM stock unhacked image while your 3DS's FIRM partition has B9S in it, it'll probably brick
Hmm okay. Are the instructions for zoogies version then compatible with the palialect version?
Since then i can just say "select install b9s" and it should be good?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
This wouldn't brick your 3ds, but it would corrupt Firm0, and your 3ds would instead launch Firm1.
If you used safeB9Sinstaller to install B9S on that system, you will notice no difference since Firm1 has B9S.
If you installed with b9stool, you would revert to clean firmware since, by default, Firm1 is clean like Firm0. (b9stool only installs to Firm0 out of safety concerns)
If you have arm9loaderhax, you will brick.

The way to test b9stool is to uninstall cfw from Firm0, then test it.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Marenthyu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay