• Total voters

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/tomvita/SE-tools

SE tools is a set of tools for Nintendo Switch game memory hacking.

With SE tools you can search for memory location that will affect the behavior of the game when modified and create cheat codes that modify these memory location.

SE tools consist of two major components and some optional components.

EdiZon-SE is the memory searching tool.

Pointersearcher-SE is the pointer searching tool. Many memory locations are dynamic and changes when the game relaunch and some even changes as the game progress. A pointer chain is required to locate these memory location.

Here all the tools I made is package into one release for the latest version of atmosphere with a step by step tutorial from searching for gold to making cheat code for gold for the game ""Kingdom Rush Frontiers" in about 10minutes.

95308950-1b03b100-08bd-11eb-830f-98c1101ce1fc.jpg

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This was the last excuse I needed for completely switching to atmosphere. I love edizon-se, being able to bookmark locations, finding pointer chains and directly add cheats from the console make this the ultimate cheat finder! Thank you so much! The only thing that I haven't found is how can I make an 'any value' search and narrow down the results by searching for less and more than before?
Another thing I haven't tested is if I find the value in base (not main or heap) space, can edizon-SE still find a pointer chain for it?

Reactions: f0li0 and Boosh

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the last excuse I needed for completely switching to atmosphere. I love edizon-se, being able to bookmark locations, finding pointer chains and directly add cheats from the console make this the ultimate cheat finder! Thank you so much! The only thing that I haven't found is how can I make an 'any value' search and narrow down the results by searching for less and more than before?
Another thing I haven't tested is if I find the value in base (not main or heap) space, can edizon-SE still find a pointer chain for it?
Full dump is initiated with one of the following: "SAME", "DIFF", "++", "--", "A..B" as the first search. If you are going to search for something that is decreasing I would recommend using "--" as a first search. Then you don't have to set it to "--" again for your subsequent search.

kickmeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, so it cant side by side together with edizon snapshot 4? Even i rename nro?

Then for noexes need to enable by sysmodule overlays right?

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so it cant side by side together with edizon snapshot 4? Even i rename nro?

Then for noexes need to enable by sysmodule overlays right?
there is no conflict with other version except having the same file name and uses the same directory for data storage, you can keep multiple version by renaming the nro or place them in different directory, the data directory will still be \switch\edizon so you can only have one memory search mission at a time.

Reactions: kickmeh

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this tutorial I will show how some memory hack cheat codes can be easily rebased to new version of the game. This technique don't always work but works often enough for it to be useful.
This tutorial will take about 5 mins if you already know how to use EdiZon SE.
Will use "Vaporum" as the example.
Here is the link to the release from ZiT for the base version of the game.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-1488#post-9227368
The code is made for the base version with BID 363883e3b5306749.
We will rebase this code for the update with BID 5C813C18C1D7744A.
Here are the steps:
1. Install the game and update 1.02. Install SE-tools if you don't already have it.
2. Create a file with the name 5C813C18C1D7744A.txt and paste the code ZiT release into this file.
3. Copy 5C813C18C1D7744A.txt to /switch/EdiZon/cheats.
4. Run the game until a stage where the code would be useful. Take note of how much HP you have.
2020101000434400-8B175695EB32F1B8A60070E9572F5231.jpg
5. Now launch Edizon SE by pressing "HOME" then "UP" then "A".
2020101000452100-CCFA659F4857F96DDA29AFEDB2E166E6.jpg
6. Now press "ZL"+"B" to load the cheat code. Press "L" to switch to bookmark mode. Select Inf HP and press "+". Choose Yes.
2020101001074300-CCFA659F4857F96DDA29AFEDB2E166E6.jpg
7. You will be ask to enter the value of HP. After a few seconds later you will see a new bookmark entry has been added.
2020101001155100-50E2A11CE4BDDC72EF99DF78315D4938.jpg 2020101001162600-CCFA659F4857F96DDA29AFEDB2E166E6.jpg
8. Test and confirm that this bookmark entry is the HP. You can adjust the datatype by pressing "ZL"+"L" and "ZL"+R.
9. Select the bookmark and press "Y" to add it to cheat code.
10. Open the cheat code file and you will see that new cheat has the first offset changed.
11. Apply this new offset to the other two codes and we are done.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
D

Deleted User

Why does Edizon SE keep crashing on Vanilla Atomsphere? What have I forgotten?

aarstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, thank you. Is there any reason to keep vanilla EdiZon with this version or does this do everything the snapshot does + your extra features?

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have to say the current EdiZon release looks a lot cleaner than the screenshot here, honestly. A lot cleaner and a lot more professionally done. Also, "bookmarks" is one word.

Anyway, I never could figure out how to use the alternate search functions in EdiZon - the A...B, ++, --, DIFF, > and < operations. And the lack of some sort of progress bar or simple loading animation did make it feel as though nothing was happening, which is unfortunate.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, thank you. Is there any reason to keep vanilla EdiZon with this version or does this do everything the snapshot does + your extra features?
This was forked from Nightly. It retains all the game save capabilities(no change) of Nightly. My version goes directly to cheats if a game is running. My version only display the last game played for game save function. (if you want to access the other game saves you could either run that game or goto "cheats" when no game is running to clear the last game played.)

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say the current EdiZon release looks a lot cleaner than the screenshot here, honestly. A lot cleaner and a lot more professionally done. Also, "bookmarks" is one word.

Anyway, I never could figure out how to use the alternate search functions in EdiZon - the A...B, ++, --, DIFF, > and < operations. And the lack of some sort of progress bar or simple loading animation did make it feel as though nothing was happening, which is unfortunate.
If you like Nightly better use it. Good luck with figuring out how to use "A...B, ++, --, DIFF" in Nightly. As to ">" and "<" I must "honestly" say you are a bit unusual to have problem with that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why does Edizon SE keep crashing on Vanilla Atomsphere? What have I forgotten?
What are the steps you do to see the crash? Did you boot atmosphere the vanilla way?

arismendy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic

i never use A..B,DIFF,!=,stateA,stateB and PTR.

use == equals when you nkow the type and value,
> is greatter than , < less than , -- decreased,, ++ increased.

Last edited by arismendy64,
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hey guys, I think descriptions like "Press "up" then "A". "are not accurate enough, because some users use different theme and their "user" icon may not at the top of the homepage.
The latest version of edizon-se is 3.7.9, but the version displayed in the app is still 3.7.8.1
I notice there is no "issues" option in the GitHub page of edizon-se. Why not enable it?
Finally, I would like to say that it is very practical for me, thanks for your work:)

Last edited by UltimateFight,
D

Deleted User

If you like Nightly better use it. Good luck with figuring out how to use "A...B, ++, --, DIFF" in Nightly. As to ">" and "<" I must "honestly" say you are a bit unusual to have problem with that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What are the steps you do to see the crash? Did you boot atmosphere the vanilla way?

So I use an assembled AiO package with Atmosphere. It is not quite vanilla. :)

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I think descriptions like "Press "up" then "A". "are not accurate enough, because some users use different theme and their "user" icon may not at the top of the homepage.
The latest version of edizon-se is 3.7.9, but the version displayed in the app is still 3.7.8.1
I notice there is no "issues" option in the GitHub page of edizon-se. Why not enable it?
Finally, I would like to say that it is very practical for me, thanks for your work:)
Thanks for the feedback.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1