Homebrew WIP EdiZon SE : Advance memory trainer and pointer seacher for switch

Have you used EdiZon SE?

• No

Votes: 31 14.2%
  • Yes, I love it, keep doing that you are doing

Votes: 135 61.9%
  • Yes, I like it but I wish you spend more time with the UI, stop adding features

Votes: 26 11.9%
  • Yes, but I have given up, it's too hard to use

Votes: 26 11.9%

• Total voters

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your world I guess it‘s all like a Yie Ar King-Fu slap in the face “gotcha!”…yet you complain about how things don’t work in your environment.

In mine recurse-submodules is exactly how it works. It picks up the pinned sub module without issues. My environment works.

My comment was in the context of you butting in and asking me if I had tried my command.

I had. I read how GitHub does sub modules and tested it myself before I started posting LOL signs, but you keep being you and popping into other people’s conversations.

Speaking of which I’m done with this conversation.

Busy helping OP with a fix. PR is almost ready.
So you completely missed the point then. The point being that OP was unable to build. The cloning part, again, was irrelevant, and would not have helped OP to build it. I can clone it just fine in my Linux VM… but it still doesn’t build. The makefile doesn’t alter any rules to make/use the old libnx submodule, and manually building that submodule is broken with the current toolset. Without the new toolset, my solution would have worked (which is why it’s there as a submodule in the first place, but no mention of that reason in the building instructions…)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you completely missed the point then. The point being that OP was unable to build. The cloning part, again, was irrelevant, and would not have helped OP to build it. I can clone it just fine in my Linux VM… but it still doesn’t build. The makefile doesn’t alter any rules to make/use the old libnx submodule, and manually building that submodule is broken with the current toolset. Without the new toolset, my solution would have worked (which is why it’s there as a submodule in the first place, but no mention of that reason in the building instructions…)

I don’t care about whatever additional Internet point you’re trying to make.

I asked if a recurse-submodules flag was used.
lol... did YOU try that command?
Seriously, your approach was unnecessary, rude and wrong. The command works.

You didn’t bother to fully read your error message and look up how to fix it.

Re-read your contribution to the thread along with your commentary about the error.

You butted in all condescending like and you found out.

You and your unnecessary comment were wrong.

LOL

Last edited by binkinator,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose all old project would be having this problem, the issue is they changed libnx , I stick to used the old version for a while, later I decided to revert the change ( see my libnx fork )
your libnx fork doesn't build with current tools. A pull request to fix the hid update was done with the release of libnx 4.2.0 in 2021, but it was never accepted/merged and now has conflicts with the current tree, so it can't be readily merged.

Edit: took care of it myself, if you'd care to merge.
I could not compile from any of your source codes although able to compile other homebrew source codes
You might have to "git stash" first, but "git pull origin pull/32/head" will get you the needed changes to build. Then you can change what you wanted to change to begin with afterwards.

I asked if a recurse-submodules flag was used.
And again, your question was useless and had nothing to do with the issue. Perhaps I should have expanded my comment a bit more so you'd understand: Did you try that command and then build with it? The answer is no. You did not try to build it, before offering "help".

Last edited by urherenow,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And again, your question was useless and had nothing to do with the issue. Perhaps I should have expanded my comment a bit more so you'd understand: Did you try that command and then build with it? The answer is no. You did not try to build it, before offering "help".
no, you went on to complain about ssh. You said nothing of the sort. You failed and then immediately complained rather than researching. I asked one simple question along a path to fix. It compiles on my Linux box w/o any issues. You have the last word. I’m done with you. What an awful attitude.

Last edited by binkinator,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you went on to complain about ssh. You said nothing of the sort. You failed and then immediately complained rather than researching. I asked one simple question along a path to fix. It compiles on my Linux box w/o any issues. You have the last word. I’m done with you. What an awful attitude.
Nope. It cannot compile on your Linux box, unless your tools are out of date. This doesn’t help a newcomer. It’s ok now, though, I made a real solution and actually made the pull request so people can grab it. Waited the whole day to let you do it, because you made it sound like you actually were going to. But in the end you’re just full of it.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. It cannot compile on your Linux box, unless your tools are out of date. This doesn’t help a newcomer. It’s ok now, though, I made a real solution and actually made the pull request so people can grab it.
Thanks for the pull request, I am finally able to build it successfully
However, anything related to ZL doesn't seem to function
for example" on a new launch push ZL+R to switch to advanced mode for good doesn't work
or when in memory viewer, push ZR for next page push ZL+ZR for previous page, holding ZL and push ZR only goes to the next page
R+B Show Option on next Launch also doesn't work
could you test your build and see it if also has this problem or not?

Last edited by dsrules,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the pull request, I am finally able to build it successfully
However, anything related to ZL doesn't seem to function
for example" on a new launch push ZL+R to switch to advanced mode for good doesn't work
or when in memory viewer, push ZR for next page push ZL+ZR for previous page, holding ZL and push ZR only goes to the next page
R+B Show Option on next Launch also doesn't work
could you test your build and see it if also has this problem or not?
Well, crap. Yes, it is a problem, and I'm not quite sure where to look. I figured the buttons were all defined in libnx, and if it built, then I caught all of the changes. It may take quite a while to track it down because I have places to be today...

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, crap. Yes, it is a problem, and I'm not quite sure where to look. I figured the buttons were all defined in libnx, and if it built, then I caught all of the changes. It may take quite a while to track it down because I have places to be today...
that's ok, Thanks for taking the time to help out

one more thing, did some more testing and noticed that navigation with the analog stick is also not working

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's ok, Thanks for taking the time to help out

one more thing, did some more testing and noticed that navigation with the analog stick is also not working

All to do with hid. They removed the hid support that edizon se requires, try the revert

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this revert. The removal seems totally unnecessary and the revert don’t cause any problem for me.
So, the easiest/fastest way to do this, is to just copy your hid.c and hid.h into the current libnx, then make install ("sudo -HE make install", in ubuntu). But any lowlifes like me will have to reinstall the official libnx to build anything else.

As for @dsrules, if you do this, I recommend (if you have enough disk space to spare) that you rename your libnx clone directory, so you can have an official libnx and one for Edizon. Also, I experienced some issues until I removed all of the files from the /switch/EdiZon folder. Then it seems to work as expected.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the easiest/fastest way to do this, is to just copy your hid.c and hid.h into the current libnx, then make install ("sudo -HE make install", in ubuntu). But any lowlifes like me will have to reinstall the official libnx to build anything else.
Why not do it the git hub way? Which part of revert you not like about that two commit that really don't do anything other than to foil old projects. You actually still have whatevery libnx version you want to have with the revert. Just take a look at that two commits, they really don't do anything useful.

If you hate revert so much you can actually just do one. This is the only one you must revert to built my SE source, the other one just warn you that you are using old hid interface definitions.
https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx/commit/637dd12b2df58c469d4e87a48aa3ebf0bc359766

All you need is to execute this line:
git revert 637dd12b2df58c469d4e87a48aa3ebf0bc359766

After that there is nothing else you need to do, zero maintenance.

There is no impact to the new hid functions. I use the new one with Breeze. There is nothing enhanced with the buttons. The LED does have something new. I think I might have used the new one on SE.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: urherenow

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not do it the git hub way? Which part of revert you not like about that two commit that really don't do anything other than to foil old projects. You actually still have whatevery libnx version you want to have with the revert. Just take a look at that two commits, they really don't do anything useful.

If you hate revert so much you can actually just do one. This is the only one you must revert to built my SE source, the other one just warn you that you are using old hid interface definitions.
https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx/commit/637dd12b2df58c469d4e87a48aa3ebf0bc359766

All you need is to execute this line:
git revert 637dd12b2df58c469d4e87a48aa3ebf0bc359766

After that there is nothing else you need to do, zero maintenance.

There is no impact to the new hid functions. I use the new one with Breeze. There is nothing enhanced with the buttons. The LED does have something new. I think I might have used the new one on SE.
I have been trying for the last couple hours and still failed at the final part
what I did was copied all the - lines back to the original hid.h in the devkitpro folder or completely replaced the hid.h with the one in the commit, both gives the same errors at the end

edizonerror.JPG

strangely, I couldn't find hid.c in my devkitpro folder
how to ?
"All you need is to execute this line:
git revert 637dd12b2df58c469d4e87a48aa3ebf0bc359766"
also I have 0 programming knowledge

Last edited by dsrules,

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying for the last couple hours and still failed at the final part
what I did was copied all the - lines back to the original hid.h in the devkitpro folder or completely replaced the hid.h with the one in the commit, both gives the same errors at the end

View attachment 353133

strangely, I couldn't find hid.c in my devkitpro folder
how to ?
"All you need is to execute this line:
git revert 637dd12b2df58c469d4e87a48aa3ebf0bc359766"
also I have 0 programming knowledge

1676312204817.png

You have to then build libnx and copy it over to where devkitpro expects it. If you never build the library with the reverted hid.c you will be missing those function so the linker cannot resolve it

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
@urherenow @TomSwitch Thanks both for the help, I was finally able to to build it with all functions intact

here are the steps I used in case someone else needs it
1. download the edizon se souce code

2. install git

3. run git cmd as Admin

run the following command
4. git clone https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx.git

should see something like this:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Git>git clone https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx.git
Cloning into 'libnx'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 22181, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (2648/2648), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1691/1691), done.
remote: Total 22181 (delta 1995), reused 1287 (delta 949), pack-reused 19533Receiving objects: 100% (22181/22181), 4.75 Receiving objects: 100% (22181/22181), 8.30 MiB | 10.49 MiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (16512/16512), done.

5. change the directory to libnx: cd libnx

run the following command
6. git revert 637dd12b2df58c469d4e87a48aa3ebf0bc359766

should see something like this:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Git\libnx>git revert 637dd12b2df58c469d4e87a48aa3ebf0bc359766
Auto-merging nx/include/switch/services/hid.h
Auto-merging nx/source/services/hid.c

7. copy the nx folder from C:\Program Files\Git\libnx\ (for me that is where it clones to) to another drive D:\
or usb since it won't allow me to build when it is in C:\Program Files

8. build libnx from inside the nx folder

9. after done building, copy all the contents inside the nx folder to C:\devkitPro\libnx overwriting all the files

10. build Edizon SE

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not make install instead?

And with that revert... Can you build another sources like atmosphere or hekate?
I did the revert around Aug 21. I build all my projects and atmosphere and there were no problem. Libnx needed update quite often when a major Atm came up. Just need sync with master and rebuild Libnx ( this need to be done whether you have the revert or not, it is totally independent as I suppose SciresM add whatever the new Atm needs into libnx. The steps taken were exactly the same weather with revert or not.

It's like you have a 20Kg backpack and this revert is a pack of tissue paper which if you didn't have means inconvenience with your camping trip ( Somebody decided to remove it from your backpack to tidy it up? )

Between Jan and Aug 21 I have two copy of the libnx library. The old one and the other one which is getting updates until Aug when I decided to look into it and the solution is this dead simple one I shared. This one line means no more need to keep two.

Git and VScode together is the best thing since slice bread. Without them I probably won't be making apps. Git means never loose any progress I made. Without VScode I would feel like a caveman with no electricity.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, it is possible to edit multiple adress at once?
I would like to write a custom value at all these 53000 results to know if the one I'm searching is among them, to know if it worth continue searching.
Starting a 8-bit search with a value of 1 take so much time (Not speaking about the scan itself, but between each scans where I need to go ingame and change that value as not a lot of offsets changed after each scans, and I don't actually even know the value I need to use), I'm searching for something I'm thinking it's a flag (1 on 0 off, not sure how the game handle this event) to re-enable an in-game event (allies that wake you up in fire emblem engage).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2023041200404200-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2023041200404200-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 29

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, it is possible to edit multiple adress at once?
I would like to write a custom value at all these 53000 results to know if the one I'm searching is among them, to know if it worth continue searching.
Starting a 8-bit search with a value of 1 take so much time (Not speaking about the scan itself, but between each scans where I need to go ingame and change that value as not a lot of offsets changed after each scans, and I don't actually even know the value I need to use), I'm searching for something I'm thinking it's a flag (1 on 0 off, not sure how the game handle this event) to re-enable an in-game event (allies that wake you up in fire emblem engage).

Any advice would be appreciated.
You can do that with Breeze. 1000 at a time. What game? If it is modern game do u32 search. If it is a retro game most likely it uses main only.

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my whole atmosphere install died last week trying to activate some cheats in tesla in docked since evidently that broke with 16.0. I have tesla working now, and breeze working, but edizon se is basically just dead.

When I go into it I get this random welcome screen with a bunch of options. There is an option to disable this screen but that seems to do nothing. I've enabled it and every time I go back it's disabled. If I hit + it brings me to the about EdiZon SE v3.8.36 screen but I can't get into the actual edizon screen with my list of cheats and searching.

I don't mind using tesla/breeze for cheats but I much prefer edizon for searching for values as breeze I've just never really figured out how to work.

Any ideas/help here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated