Homebrew WIP EdiZon SE : Advance memory trainer and pointer seacher for switch

Have you used EdiZon SE?

• No

Votes: 31 14.2%
  • Yes, I love it, keep doing that you are doing

Votes: 135 61.9%
  • Yes, I like it but I wish you spend more time with the UI, stop adding features

Votes: 26 11.9%
  • Yes, but I have given up, it's too hard to use

Votes: 26 11.9%

• Total voters

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
So my whole atmosphere install died last week trying to activate some cheats in tesla in docked since evidently that broke with 16.0. I have tesla working now, and breeze working, but edizon se is basically just dead.

When I go into it I get this random welcome screen with a bunch of options. There is an option to disable this screen but that seems to do nothing. I've enabled it and every time I go back it's disabled. If I hit + it brings me to the about EdiZon SE v3.8.36 screen but I can't get into the actual edizon screen with my list of cheats and searching.

I don't mind using tesla/breeze for cheats but I much prefer edizon for searching for values as breeze I've just never really figured out how to work.

Any ideas/help here?
I think you need to push A to save after choose disable this screen

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. edizon se shouldn't have any problems on 16.0

Yeah I'm not seeing any other posts with issues but something is insanely wrong on my end.

I was playing kirby deluxe during the weekend, I had already updated to 16.0 on everything but hadn't updated tesla and didn't know about it's issues. So it crashed hard when trying to open up while docked. Killed the entire atmosphere install, couldn't boot into it at all. I wiped every bit of tesla/breeze/edizon and still wouldn't boot so did a full fresh atmosphere install and finally got back in.

Did some research and found updated versions of tesla, got the latest breeze and both of those are working just fine. But Edizon no matter what I haven't been able to get working again and it was working just fine before I had updated.

So something is wrong but I have reached my limits of figuring out wtf it is. And breeze is working fine for my existing cheats I just really hope I can get it working again for searching and for cheats as well since longer cheats edizon is easier to read.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'm not seeing any other posts with issues but something is insanely wrong on my end.

I was playing kirby deluxe during the weekend, I had already updated to 16.0 on everything but hadn't updated tesla and didn't know about it's issues. So it crashed hard when trying to open up while docked. Killed the entire atmosphere install, couldn't boot into it at all. I wiped every bit of tesla/breeze/edizon and still wouldn't boot so did a full fresh atmosphere install and finally got back in.

Did some research and found updated versions of tesla, got the latest breeze and both of those are working just fine. But Edizon no matter what I haven't been able to get working again and it was working just fine before I had updated.

So something is wrong but I have reached my limits of figuring out wtf it is. And breeze is working fine for my existing cheats I just really hope I can get it working again for searching and for cheats as well since longer cheats edizon is easier to read.
try open your seconfig.dat with an hex editor and change the byte at address 0x34 from 00 to 01 (just right before /switch/) that should disable the options screen

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And instant freeze/crash.
Edizon (any version) + tesla + certain game = hold pwr button crash

Has been since a very long time ( I am only aware since HOS10 )

Maybe some will also crash with Breeze substituting EdiZon

It's a memory problem and you have to choose between edizon and tesla

Reactions: josete2k

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edizon (any version) + tesla + certain game = hold pwr button crash

Has been since a very long time ( I am only aware since HOS10 )

Maybe some will also crash with Breeze substituting EdiZon

It's a memory problem and you have to choose between edizon and tesla

Of course. I've had random crashes all the time messing with things but before the 16.0 upgrade it worked the majority of the time. Now 100% guarantee it crashes no matter what game is loaded. Crashes on updating cheat list too if I manage to get to that part. I'm not really saying it's a problem with edizon itself since lots of other people are having no issues, I'm trying to figure out wtf is going wrong on my end since I had breeze, tesla, and edizon installed working fine on 15 but now breeze/tesla are fine on 16 after updates but edizon is just dead for me.

try open your seconfig.dat with an hex editor and change the byte at address 0x34 from 00 to 01 (just right before /switch/) that should disable the options screen

I'll give that a shot thanks.
Post automatically merged:

So I did another fresh install and still got stuck at the screen then rebooted to payload and atmosphere is dead again. Can't boot and I'll have to do a full fresh atmosphere install.

I have absolutely no fucking idea what's going on but I guess I'm just going to abandon ever using edizon again because for whatever reason it is completely corrupting and destroying my atmosphere installs. Third time now. Everything is fine until I put edizon se on the sdcard.

I'm still pretty sure it's something else messing things up but I'm just going to give up and move on. Tesla overlay and breeze works just fine so I'll just have to figure out how to use breeze for searching and editing values.

Last edited by serenity42,

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course. I've had random crashes all the time messing with things but before the 16.0 upgrade it worked the majority of the time. Now 100% guarantee it crashes no matter what game is loaded. Crashes on updating cheat list too if I manage to get to that part. I'm not really saying it's a problem with edizon itself since lots of other people are having no issues, I'm trying to figure out wtf is going wrong on my end since I had breeze, tesla, and edizon installed working fine on 15 but now breeze/tesla are fine on 16 after updates but edizon is just dead for me.

I'll give that a shot thanks.

So I did another fresh install and still got stuck at the screen then rebooted to payload and atmosphere is dead again. Can't boot and I'll have to do a full fresh atmosphere install.

I have absolutely no fucking idea what's going on but I guess I'm just going to abandon ever using edizon again because for whatever reason it is completely corrupting and destroying my atmosphere installs. Third time now. Everything is fine until I put edizon se on the sdcard.

I'm still pretty sure it's something else messing things up but I'm just going to give up and move on. Tesla overlay and breeze works just fine so I'll just have to figure out how to use breeze for searching and editing values.
Firstly I support moving to Breeze. ( I made both and I think Breeze is much better, faster, more powerful and is intended to be easier to use and as with all changes you will suffer some anxiety in the beginning as you learn the new interface )

Secondly you are puting blame on the straw that broke the camel's back. Edizon is just a little bit fat. I have already warn you about using Tesla and Breeze and I will leave it as that.

Thirdly if you want to use Edizon you can try removing Tesla. Tesla can also be disable with sysmodule manager ( Both Breeze and EdiZon SE has it ). While it isn't totally the same as not having those files I think it does the trick ( to make the system more stable ).

Last edited by TomSwitch,

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly I support moving to Breeze. ( I made both and I think Breeze is much better, faster, more powerful and is intended to be easier to use and as with all changes you will suffer some anxiety in the beginning as you learn the new interface )

Secondly you are puting blame on the straw that broke the camel's back. Edizon is just a little bit fat. I have already warn you about using Tesla and Breeze and I will leave it as that.

Thirdly if you want to use Edizon you can try removing Tesla. Tesla can also be disable with sysmodule manager ( Both Breeze and EdiZon SE has it ). While it isn't totally the same as not having those files I think it does the trick ( to make the system more stable ).

Didn't realize you made both and yeah going to have to learn. I can't figure out how to even get a dialogue box to open to search but I'll look for some youtube vids since the written guides have not helped at all.

I'm really not blaming edizon, i know something is wrong it's just insane to me that something seriously wrong with my install makes it literally die when trying to run it but on 15 I had all three running just fine yet I keep reading in other places that everything works fine with 16 so I'm just pissed and confused that I'm the only one having these issues and even on a brand new fresh atmosphere install it happens again so it's infuriating. Still trying to get atmosphere back up and running again right now but when it does yeah I'll just never install edizon ever again since it's not worth this headache.

I did try to disable tesla a couple times but that just caused crashes as well but at least didn't kill atmosphere in the process.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't realize you made both and yeah going to have to learn. I can't figure out how to even get a dialogue box to open to search but I'll look for some youtube vids since the written guides have not helped at all.

I'm really not blaming edizon, i know something is wrong it's just insane to me that something seriously wrong with my install makes it literally die when trying to run it but on 15 I had all three running just fine yet I keep reading in other places that everything works fine with 16 so I'm just pissed and confused that I'm the only one having these issues and even on a brand new fresh atmosphere install it happens again so it's infuriating. Still trying to get atmosphere back up and running again right now but when it does yeah I'll just never install edizon ever again since it's not worth this headache.

I did try to disable tesla a couple times but that just caused crashes as well but at least didn't kill atmosphere in the process.
What format is your sd card?
Have you tried testing it to see if its failing

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

@serenity42 ,I have installed the latest OFW 16.0.0 and the latest ATM 15.0.1 and i use them everyday Edizon SE 3.8.36 to find cheats and Breeze Beta74 to modify them and i have no crashes on my Nintendo Switch, only some times when there is only one bookmark in Edizon SE and i want to delete it.
Check the versions of both apps that are the latest,maybe that's the problem.

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well wanted to come back since I solved my atmosphere dying issue. It was erpt_reports issue. Erased the folder and made a blank file to stop it. Got it solved from mentioning the crashes in relation to my tinfoil issues as well.

Might go give edizon a shot again now that at least I have the switch rebooting issues fixed.

StarryMochi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Tom, how do I disable the bit mask option? I think I accidentally enabled it or something the first time I updated to the SE version of Edizon due to the confusion of the first green pages and now it seems impossible to toggle off. Also deleting and placing Edizon SE back into the SD card doesn’t reset any options.

Just to clarify I want to disable “BM on” as it’s causing me to no longer be able to do basic address searches properly

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna say that I had the exact same issue and solved it by deleting everything in edizon folder except the ".nro" file.
You can delete seconfig which set edizon se to default. EdiZon SE looks for files that seconfig tell it to and if you have deleted those file then edizon se will be looking and looking ...

EdiZon SE needs many of the files that are distributed in edizon.zip. The functionality will be compromised if needed files are missing.

ArcharGelod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Apart from nro files, in the archive there are only: noexes module that adds some functionality I don't use and the profile shortcut I don't use.
But now all functions I do use - work and even work with Tesla Overlay. No crashes, hangups, etc.

Also, maybe you can fix it: I noticed that Edizon-SE have hanged right after cheat database lookup in the about section.
Downloadable cheats is something I definitely don't need (I make cheats for fun, not for actually cheating), but it locked me from using this cool program. Until now :).

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even work with Tesla Overlay. No crashes, hangups, etc.
count yourself lucky :)
Crash it will if you play with enough games
There is no magic to not enough memory, just like a lift can only fit so many people, not three big sumo wrestlers at the same time in a small lift
Edizon was already too big before I added the SE stuff to it. For a while I investigated the crash that came after some HOS update ( maybe 9 ). Have not found a single case where SE crash while the original won't. There simply isn't that much margin in the first place. That is also the reason I didn't do much with tesla.

Anyway you don't know and know you know. You now have something to try if you encounter crash. I recommend it to be the first thing to try as it is very easy.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo