OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Using USB Loader with cIOS249 rev19 base IOS37. I have tried running the DLCs on RB3 through a SDHC and the game simply say that the card is not supported. With an normal SD the DLCs works just fine. Is there a way to reverse this problem?

And yes, the game support SDHC.

Thanks for help!
gbasp.gif

ohmyjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running RB3 from disc and I can't get it to recognize any of three different brand 8GB sdhc cards. I'm using Softchip to load the game and all the instruments work fine and it loads the DLC from a 2GB sd card but when I try it with the SDHC card I get the error that that card "cannot be used".

Please help!

ohmyjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK - I got RB3 to recognize the SDHC card - I installed cIOSX rev20b. UNFORTUNATELY, I lost my USB instruments in the process so the game is unplayable.

Can anybody tell me how to have both the SDHC and the instruments working at the same time? I really appreciate it!

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did the memory leak ever get solved when playing the game via USB and loading DLC through the SD card?

shadow_D

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrimeTime 84 said:
Thanks for the help, SDHC is now working fine with IOS56 as base. And no other problems in game.
gbasp.gif

Did you get the instrument to work too? If so, could you give me some pointers?

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WalterCool said:
cIOSXrev20 IOS 56 will help you with SDHC + USB Instruments
wink.gif
WalterCool or anyone that may know. I'm using Config USB Loader v60 with Hermes v5 (IOS222 with base IOS38, IOS223 with base IOS37, IOS224 with base IOS57, IOS202 with base IOS60) and cIOSXrev20 (tried 56 and 57). I believe they only way to get SDHC working on my Wii is with cIOS 57. I've tried 222, 223, and 224. 224 gives me SDHC support, but not my Rock Band 2 drums. I forget it's either cIOS37 or 38 that using the instruments. I've been having trouble with getting both working, and have tried on and off since yesterday.
frown.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But with IOS56, the controls lag. It is annoying when you're playing Rock Band 3. You miss the bars when they come down. Like a slight delay. Ah!

IOS37 the game plays like a dream but SDHC cards are not recognised. Hm.

I'd rather stick to ISO37 for Rock Band 3 and play with no lag and have a few 2 GB cards for DLC.

Has there been any fix for the lag IOS56 causes?

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I noticed, I believe when using cIOS249 with Config USB Loader. That when I had my drums and SDHC card both working, there was too much lag. I tried calibrating, but that doesn't matter. Seems the drums lose a few seconds sync with the receiver on the Wii. I knew right when I starting loading up Rock Band 3 that something will have to be updated. I'm not sure if it's the cIOS or what it would have to be. Very new to how everything that didn't work well or at all, now works.

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalterCool said:
cIOSXrev20 IOS 56 will help you with SDHC + USB Instruments
wink.gif

does that mean use 56 as the base for the 249 rev 20 installation? or just update ios 56 through dop-mii and NUS?

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
RR99i said:
I'm not sure if it's the cIOS or what it would have to be. Very new to how everything that didn't work well or at all, now works.

If you play the game via IOS37, there is no lag but then you can't use SDHC cards.

Maybe wait for a fix in rev21. IF there is a fix.

UPDATE: It only lags when you play a song on the card, I just played 2 songs in the game there is no lag, but if you play songs on the sd card, it lags after a few notes. Very annoying.

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clear this up for me.... when you guys say "use" 56, 57, or 37... does that mean reinstall 249 with a base of one of those? or does it mean patch those through dop-mii? or patch them from a standalone patcher?

second question. whats the difference between patching ios 37 for rb dlc and patching through NUS? The rawksd ios 37 patch is not available from nus right? or..... >_< so confused.

So i guess my real question is... do you need to patch ios 56 or 57 with the kind of patcher Rawksd customs uses for its ios 37 patch, or do you just use one of those as the base installer for cios249 when you install rev20? or a combo of both.

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
justmike said:
If you play the game via IOS37, there is no lag but then you can't use SDHC cards.

Maybe wait for a fix in rev21. IF there is a fix.

UPDATE: It only lags when you play a song on the card, I just played 2 songs in the game there is no lag, but if you play songs on the sd card, it lags after a few notes. Very annoying.
My situation it was all songs, even from the game, that lagged when playing the Rock Band 2 drums. When playing the drums would lose sync for a second (all four lights would start blinking). But even if it's somehow staying synced, there was noticeable lag when playing. I was thinking that, I'll probably have to wait for an update for like rev21. I think it was cIOS249 that I used to somehow get both drums and SDHC card working. I can't remember, but either way it wasn't much fun playing the game.

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have cIOS249 rev20b base IOS 56... Load the game from my HDD, Haven't really tried the SDHC, but my drums don't work... HDD plugged in port 0, and USB Dongle plugged in port 1. They won't sync as stated by many people above. Please help
frown.gif
Thanks

RPG_Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running into the same problems, both in RB3 and The Beatles:RB as well.

I've tried using cIOS rev's 20b and 21 (bases 56 and 57) and even on a whim I tried Hermes 223 v4 base 38+60 (saw it on another forum). If I use Hermes cIOS 5.1 base 57, the DLC will load properly with no lag whatsoever, but my RB2 drums won't sync (I use a GH:WT guitar so it's fine). Using a base 56 cIOS will let me have drums, but again the DLC lags. I wish there was a way to have Hermes 5.1 with a base 56, but I suppose I'm just wishing. If anyone has another suggestion, I'm open to it. If need be, I'll buy the game and run from disc, but I like using the usb loader better anyway.

Another option I'm considering is perhaps purchasing a WODE. If anyone has one and has used it for any of the RB/GH games, I'm open to your opinions of it.

RPG_Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're correct. I just got a WD My Passport Essential - I tried my other drive, a hitachi laptop drive attached via a usb adapter, and it works fine in RB3 with SDHC. I wonder what it is about rev20+ that causes the issues... Oh well.

Thanks netspy for the assist!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated