SDHC not working, but SD is?!?!?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by desotoman56, Nov 29, 2009.

Nov 29, 2009
  1. desotoman56
    OP

Newcomer desotoman56 Newbie

China
    my 16gb sdhc sandisk card will work on the pc with the wbfs 3.0 manager. i already formatted it and added a couple of games over, but the two backup loaders that are supposed to be compatible with sdhc don't recognize this card at all. before the card was formatted as fat32 and i could run the hbc off of it, but not the wbfs partition. why won't this card work??? [​IMG]

2. desotoman56
    OP

China
    nobody else has had problems using a 16gb sdhc with a loader???

3. Skater4599

Member Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

I could be wrong but im pretty sure its not that nobody has had problems, its just not very common to use SD cards for backup loaders.

Which USB loader are you using for this? Most of the GUI ones will not play off of the SD card (it is not implimented) Try running waninkoko's 1.5 original work

I know USB Loader GX for sure does not have support for SD cards, and im pretty sure Wiiflow doesnt either (these are the 2 i use)

Edit: Front page of Config USB loader says its SDHC wbfs compatible, Could try that one

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    i use usb loader gx, but I am pretty sure configurable usb loader has support for sd backup launching

5. desotoman56
    OP

China
    I'm using CFG Loader now on my 2GB card and it works fine, but it won't recognize my 16GB-same problem with NeogammaR8. Those are the only two with SDHC support, and neither works. [​IMG]

6. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    SD compatibility is simply not very good and SDHC compatibility is even worse.