SDHC cards messed up??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nick3252, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Nick3252
    OP

Nick3252 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2015
    Canada
    I have 2 SDHC cards, both FAT32. I was recently putting a Luigi's Mansion .gcm file on my card, and I put it in my Wii, I cleaned the pins, and everything, and.. The SD card you inserted isn't compatible. I then put it in my computer and then... nothing. Well, I don't know what to do, I went to Homebrew Channel, didn't work, so I'm confused.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I think SDHC requires at least System Menu 4.0. Just putting the disc image on an SD is not going to allow you to play it. You need to put it in a proper folder and use a Gamecube loader like Nintendont, DIOS MIOS or Devolution.

There are a few stickied posts in the tutorial forum on how to set everything up.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    doesn't work either on your computer? if they did work before on your computer either they are dead or really messed up file system...
    what happens when you try to put on your computer?

4. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    The file needs to be optimized by DIOS MIOS which can then be playable on the Wii via a loader (i.e. USB Loader GX).

5. Nick3252
    OP

Nick3252 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2015
    Canada
    The 4 gig SD has revived, my 16 gig, is somehow making the drive icon flash as a piece of paper for one frame. I use 4.3U so my SDHC cards should work, as they did before.

6. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Are they true SDHC cards or are they Micro SDHC cards inserted into an SD card adapter? Also, what class are they?

7. Nick3252
    OP

Nick3252 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2015
    Canada
    True SDHC, I bought a new MicroSDHC card anyway, 16 gig. Thanks for the help.