Hacking SD Read and Write Speeds incredibly slow

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,042
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, so I first noticed this problem around the time sun/moon came out. I purchased Sun off of the eShop, but because I had crappy internet at the time, I decided it would be better to download it on my computer. Well, I downloaded the CIA and tried to install. At around 800 MB it would install at around 100 kb/s. Very slow when you have another 2200 MB to install. Well, since then I have just dealt with it. But even when decrypting games or dumping them it takes forever. I am currently going on 14 hours for decrypting Pokemon Sun for Nova Sun, and still have to do Umbra moon, and it is only on 71% during the second stage. Any advice? Should I reformat, delete some titles? SD Stats:

• (idk what brand. prolly SanDisk)
  • 64 GB
  • Formatted with EmuNAND9 and has emuNAND (I created a guide a while back and never cared to change it back. problems occured before it.)

Any advice?

Edit: Also this
upload_2017-3-19_7-21-32.png

Last edited by ,

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I first noticed this problem around the time sun/moon came out. I purchased Sun off of the eShop, but because I had crappy internet at the time, I decided it would be better to download it on my computer. Well, I downloaded the CIA and tried to install. At around 800 MB it would install at around 100 kb/s. Very slow when you have another 2200 MB to install. Well, since then I have just dealt with it. But even when decrypting games or dumping them it takes forever. I am currently going on 14 hours for decrypting Pokemon Sun for Nova Sun, and still have to do Umbra moon, and it is only on 71% during the second stage. Any advice? Should I reformat, delete some titles? SD Stats:

• (idk what brand. prolly SanDisk)
  • 64 GB
  • Formatted with EmuNAND9 and has emuNAND (I created a guide a while back and never cared to change it back. problems occured before it.)

Any advice?

Edit: Also this
View attachment 81767

First of all, make a backup of your sd card juuust in case, and see if fixing the error in that screenshot fixes it. Then, if it's still slow you probably have a faulty SD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

OP
First of all, make a backup of your sd card juuust in case, and see if fixing the error in that screenshot fixes it. Then, if it's still slow you probably have a faulty SD.

Making a backup right now. I will fix it, however it will probably format to exFAT. So either way I need to reformat. My only problem with believing that I have a fault SD is that it worked better than expected up until Sun and Moon. But around then is when I was really messing with it, taking it out on the home menu, many other things.

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making a backup right now. I will fix it, however it will probably format to exFAT. So either way I need to reformat. My only problem with believing that I have a fault SD is that it worked better than expected up until Sun and Moon. But around then is when I was really messing with it, taking it out on the home menu, many other things.

Maybe it's corrupted. You'll also have to use a third-party formatting tool to format it to FAT32.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes. It is in my computer soo.

Sandisk Ultra Plus.
Then it shouldn't be that slow. My 64GB SanDisk Ultra (Normal one) installs CIAs at 2MB/s. If the Windows fix doesn't fix the problem, try to format it. I imagine that you already know that you have to format to fat32 and how to do it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I'd recommend using SaltySD for ROM Hacks.

D

Deleted User

OP
Then it shouldn't be that slow. My 64GB SanDisk Ultra (Normal one) installs CIAs at 2MB/s. If the Windows fix doesn't fix the problem, try to format it. I imagine that you already know that you have to format to fat32 and how to do it.

Also, I'd recommend using SaltySD for ROM Hacks.
I know that but I already have sumo installed and don't want to ruin my save. And I plan on giving it to a friend who can't use saltysd without access to an sd card reader, so I am building him the cia. We plan on doing a wedlocke (I think that is what it is called)

D

Deleted User

OP
You can backup your save with JKSM and then delete it from your game.

You don't have to back up your save if you just waste space installing a new game.
reece.JPG

upload_2017-3-19_8-17-20.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol