Hacking Question SD cards managing

Zolmastrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, I'm following this subforum on a daily basis and today I decided to sign up.

Here's my question (I think that it's not been asked yet). I can't wait to have great retrogaming sessions thanks to Atmosphere but I just realized that I don't know how it will manage my sd cards. Can I have multiple sds? I'm planning to have like 1 sd for nes/snes, 1 sd for N64/gb/gbc/gba, 1 sd for GC, etc. I prefer multiple small sds rather than a big one.

Maybe it's to soon to know that. If that's the case, I'm sorry for the dumb question.
Thanks

D

Deleted-442439

Hello guys, I'm following this subforum on a daily basis and today I decided to sign up.

Here's my question (I think that it's not been asked yet). I can't wait to have great retrogaming sessions thanks to Atmosphere but I just realized that I don't know how it will manage my sd cards. Can I have multiple sds? I'm planning to have like 1 sd for nes/snes, 1 sd for N64/gb/gbc/gba, 1 sd for GC, etc. I prefer multiple small sds rather than a big one.

Maybe it's to soon to know that. If that's the case, I'm sorry for the dumb question.
Thanks

If you read the FAQ you would know that 64gb card is the recommended minimum, emunand needs 32gb reserved just for that, and then additional stuff will obviously require more. We don't have all the specifics, but I would not get anything less than 64gb for homebrew. Personally I bought a 128gb card so I can fit my growing digital collection and homebrew.

javilobo8

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lobobot.com
XP
Country
Spain
If you read the FAQ you would know that 64gb card is the recommended minimum, emunand needs 32gb reserved just for that, and then additional stuff will obviously require more. We don't have all the specifics, but I would not get anything less than 64gb for homebrew. Personally I bought a 128gb card so I can fit my growing digital collection and homebrew.
So... CFW will be in SD card? I mean, the whole FW

Zolmastrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It costs the same price to.pay for multiple sd cards tho

I don't get this logic

Well, let me explain. I already have a couple of 64 gb cards and I was wondering if I could use those.

Plus, 64gb cards get discounted very often while 128 and 256 ones get discounted rarely.

D

Deleted-442439

Well, let me explain. I already have a couple of 64 gb cards and I was wondering if I could use those.

Plus, 64gb cards get discounted very often while 128 and 256 ones get discounted rarely.

Yeah you can do that, you will need to setup emunand on all of them, and have the appropriate emus+ roms so it will take some time to setup + not all sd cards seem to he supported so you will end up learning from trail and error.

Reactions: Zolmastrian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1