Hardware SD Card problem

SommaCruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi people, I have gained a 256GB SD card from Samsung. I have used sometime on my switch but it caused a lot of problems. I got some errors while playing games, lost game saves and Choidujour can't find all updates files. I have checked the SD card using H2testw and it show no errors. I was using it formatted EXFAT and my switch have 6.0.1 firmware with 6.2.0 Emunand plus SX OS 2.5.3. Did anyone had same problems with this card?
Sorry for my bad english.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using it formatted EXFAT

That's your problem right there! The exFAT driver on the Switch isn't the greatest. I would suggest formatting it with FAT32 instead. I'm not sure what OS you're using but if you're using Windows then it's not going to let you format that card using the native format utility. Do a Google search for "Windows GUI version of fat32format - Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd" and use that tool instead.

Set your "Allocation unit size" to "32768".

Reactions: SommaCruz

SommaCruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I have formatted in fat32 and got the same errors. I will make more tests, but problapr the problem is the card.

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H2testw - did you do the "write + verify" or just verify? Should do write+verify.

Files on sd card could be corrupt, if you copied corrupt off of your SD card before formatting as fat32 then put them right back onto your SD card. Try to redownload all files fresh and setup sd card again.

Also have you attempted same thing with another known working sdcard without issue?

SommaCruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have done write and verify and it showed no errors.
Now I am using a sandisk 64gb card exfat formatted and it work without problem. Emunand and the games runs perfectly on this card without errors. Some people say that formatting the card on switch could solve the problem. I will try it.

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done write and verify and it showed no errors.
Now I am using a sandisk 64gb card exfat formatted and it work without problem. Some people say that formatting the card on switch could solve the problem. I will try it.

Format with this if issues persist : https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Choose "overwrite format"
It will take a long time.

Hope all works well.

SommaCruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After all these things done it is still showing errors. I have tested the card using H2testw again and no errors was found. I don't know what else to do.

SommaCruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What "errors" are you're getting specifically?
When I use choidujour for emunand update, it doesn't find all files and I can't update. Some games close when I try to play and giver errors message. I have lost save games, because the data was corrupted. I know that it sounds like fake sd card, but I have checked it and doesn't find any trace of fake card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When I use choidujour for emunand update, it doesn't find all files and I can't update. Some games close when I try to play and giver errors message. I have lost save games, because the data was corrupted. I know that it sounds like fake sd card, but I have checked it and doesn't find any trace of fake card.
Maybe it's not a fake but simply faulty or a card that failed QC and was supposed to be thrown away. Is this a new card? Where did you get it?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, when I want to test an SD card to see if it's faulty or not, I just fill it up completely with a BIG scene release, something 12GB or more, copied over and over on different folders (01, 02, 03, etc) until completely full. Then I run an SFV checker recursively in each folder on the SFV file to see if any file is corrupt. If everything checks ok, the card is good and genuine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.