Hacking SD card problem

Meanime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi....

I have a problem with a 4gb micro sd card.
I'm using Mac OSX, too.

Anyway, I'm using the card inside an NDS Acekard 2 (not 2i). It works fine, I can run the roms fine on the DSLite system. I'm also using the current AKAIO 1.8 firmware (but this issue was present in the 1.7 firmware as well).

My problem is, whenever I put the card into a usb card reader or into an SD slot on my laptop (using the SD adapter) it will always say there is 24mbs space left on the card.

I can delete multiple roms, but it will always say there is 24mbs of space left. So I can never add any new roms to the card. I'll continue to delete and delete more roms but it will always say 24mbs left.

When I check the folder that the roms are in on the SD card, the info window will say that the whole folder is around 2.3 gbs big. So than you'd think I would be able to add more roms since it's a 4gb micro sd card.

This is the second micro sd card to do this. One is a Kingston and the other is a Staples store brand. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Is the Acekard messing up my sd cards?

My cousin has an Acekard 2i (using on DSLite) and he's never mentioned having a problem like this.

I've tried reformating when it happened to the first card but it didn't work. After reformating, the Acekard wouldn't even detect the SD card when I tried to use it. My cellphone is using the first micro sd card just fine though. The first one being the Kingston card. And now this is the second sd card (the staples card) that has done this to me since using one inside the Acekard.

Meanime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really know where the sd cards were made.

One sd card is a Kingston and the other is Staples store brand.

I have access to Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows 7.

When I put the card into my windows 7, it doesn't auto run as usual. And it says it has less space than when I view it on mac. It says 22mbs instead of 24. But in windows I can't even open the sd card folder. It just says application not found. And the bar that indicates how full the card is, is red instead of the usual blue.

Reformatting didn't seem to do anything. After I did that the Acekard wouldn't even recognize or load anything up. But my cellphone would still continue to recognize the sd card after reformatting.

I'd attach an image of a screenshot of the card plugged in through Windows 7 but I can't attach an image to this post.

Meanime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a bit more digging around.

I put the card into Windows 7 and enabled hidden files. There's a folder callded .trashes on the card that shows all the roms that I deleted from the card over time. The .trashes folder is 1.7gbs itself. So that could have something to do with it.

From what I understand, .trashes is a MAC OS X thing. I think it's supposed to be like having a trash bin on the sd card that you have to empty out like the normal trash/recycle bin.

So I restarted back into Mac OSX.
I never noticed before. But when I plugged in my SD card into the computer, the main trash bin became full. I opened the main trash bin and it showed all the files that I had thought I deleted from the card in the past. So i emptied the bin and it freed up all the space on the SD card. Now the sd card has 1.6 gbs available.

So...I guess I'm good now.

wiilovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you wont break your SD card by deleting .trashes.

just delete it.

after that, reformat your card to fat 16 or 32 using the Panasonic formatter on windows.

see if that helps.

and reinstall your cards firmware, I prefer AKAIO, but to each his own, just make sure your up-to-date.

hope this helps,

wiilovewii

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^ You need to empty the dustbin after deleting the files on OSX, as it moves them into there normally instead of actually deleting them. If you want to delete the files in one go then you need to hold some other key down whilst you delete the file. I forget what key it is though. It's one of the function keys on the bottom left of the keyboard, but I dunno which
tongue.gif

SuicideBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meanime said:
So...I guess I'm good now.
disable trash as a default, enable it for your main partitions only. it can severely fuck removable flash media up, result in irremovable ghost files, and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA