Hacking Hardware SD Card is completely dead

SourceMinx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was modding Oot3D with a camera mod and now the SD card is dead. Not even Windows can format it. I'm at a loss as I can't recover anything.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SDs tend to fail for no reason from one moment to another.
Try multiple SD readers (and multiple adapters if using micro-SD in full-sized slots).

There is most likely nothing you can do but restore the lastest backup to another SD.

Reactions: BigOnYa

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was modding Oot3D with a camera mod and now the SD card is dead. Not even Windows can format it. I'm at a loss as I can't recover anything.
Are you trying to hack your 3DS using the OoT exploit?

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me once. I was devastated, years and years of work on that thing. If your PC can't format it check for local tech repair shops in your area. It'll be more likely that they can salvage part or all of the data. In my case I got everything back. That's a best-case scenario--keep that in mind.
Otherwise yeah, not much can be done. This is a good reminder of how valuable frequent backups are. Sorry about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: