Hacking SD card help

Senortruco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey! I have already set up my Wii U with everything to function, but with a 16GB sd card so my installation process is very limited....

I bought a 64GB SD card and copied every file that was on the past sd card over there but the wii u just doesnt read it, am i doing something wrong? or is the SD to big for the wii uu to read? or does the sd card that you hack your wii u must be always the one youre using??

Thanks!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WII U should work with FAT32 Format cards. (That means ones that go up to 32GB naturally) But you can make a bigger sd card fat32. Just use Guiformat to reformat the sd card to fat32. Then it should work on wii u. Check the properties of it to see if it's done right.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: SuperDan

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! I have already set up my Wii U with everything to function, but with a 16GB sd card so my installation process is very limited....

I bought a 64GB SD card and copied every file that was on the past sd card over there but the wii u just doesnt read it, am i doing something wrong? or is the SD to big for the wii uu to read? or does the sd card that you hack your wii u must be always the one youre using??

Thanks!
If you did not format the SD card first, I can almost guarantee it's exFAT. It needs to be FAT32. Don't try to use integrated windows tools to format either. Use something like guiformat instead.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guiformat ? yeah i did that the first time, what allocation sise?

And im trying to do it again but it says that a program is using the sd card and wtf no program is using the SD card D: what now?
Restart Pc /Laptop use CCleaner wipe card 1st the card first .. If you have Xbox 360 in the house.. Format the the card in Xbox settings ( I've fixed & formatted many USB.. SD cards using my Old 360) it's Fat 32.. Not sure what clusters.. But should work

Senortruco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Restart Pc /Laptop use CCleaner wipe card 1st the card first .. If you have Xbox 360 in the house.. Format the the card in Xbox settings ( I've fixed & formatted many USB.. SD cards using my Old 360) it's Fat 32.. Not sure what clusters.. But should work
I already did all that and still shows the error that another program is using the SD card D: what else to try?

Senortruco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey! Finally got the SD card to work with guiformat in allocation sise 65k. With these steps:

Open guiformat. Leave it open.
2. Open up Task Manager (either with CTRL+ALT+DEL or right clicking on Start Menu bar > Task Manager)
2. Go to processes tab and look for explorer.exe (for Windows 10, it's simply called "Windows Explorer")
3. End explorer.exe (or "Windows Explorer). You will lose your start menu and all currently opened Windows Explorer windows. Keep Task Manager open.
4. Begin the format process with guiformat and you should be able to format without getting that error.
5. In Task Manager, go to File > New Task
6. Type in "explorer.exe", hit OK. It will bring back your start menu. That's it.

Alternate and quite possibly an easier solution:

I just ran into this error, and this was my solution. I didn't have to kill any processes. I just did a quick format to NTFS which only took a few seconds and then was able to start a full format to FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...