Hardware SD Card help! Wii will not read.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I just formatted my sd card because there was space being used by nothing. I formatted using my mac like I usually do to MS-DOS FAT and I put it back into the wii and it says the card cannot be read. My other sd card works but the newly formatted card doesn't. I'm not sure what went wrong but I've formatted many times even tried it in bootcamp but it still won't read. Can anyone help?

Morty464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
TRY TO PUT YOUR SD CARD IN THE MIC
or replace the MIC
wink.gif

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried that. It wasn't the usual .03 or whatever that was used it was like 500Megs. After the format I got the full space back 1.93 GB.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried that on two different sds and that doesn't work. Something doesn't add up here but there are so many variables... I updated to Mac OS X 10.6 recently I also updated the wii to 4.2 (Wianikoko) But the old sd card still works so I don't think it's the wii update. And I also tried formatting on Windows which excludes the Mac Update. I have no idea what to do...

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, thanks for all the help but I posted on the apple forums and my problem was solved by this post:

Select the drive in Disk Utility (all the way at the left, not the volume indented beneath it), and click the "Partition" tab. Set "Volume Scheme" to "1 Partition". Click the "Options" button and select "Master Boot Record" and click "OK". Set "Format" to "MS-DOS (FAT)". Set a "Name" and click "Apply".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps