Hacking SD Card for RxTools?

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
The SD Card that came with my O3DS has only 2 GB of space. My other SD Card (on another 3DS console I own, on which I could never run cfw because it's always been on the latest firmware) has 4 GB, which has always been enough because, well, no cfw and the .cia installations that come with it.

Assuming I may want to have more than one game installed at the same time (installing and uninstalling isn't such a difficult and/or time-consuming process, right?) and I'm curious about trying out all three storylines of Fire Emblem if, how much space should I aim for on an entirely new SD card? 8 GB, more? How much do you have?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please avoid making multiple threads? You can always ask things in the same thread when you have people willing to help you know...

No need for a new thread for every new question.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
The SD Card that came with my O3DS has only 2 GB of space. My other SD Card (on another 3DS console I own, on which I could never run cfw because it's always been on the latest firmware) has 4 GB, which has always been enough because, well, no cfw and the .cia installations that come with it.

Assuming I may want to have more than one game installed at the same time (installing and uninstalling isn't such a difficult and/or time-consuming process, right?) and I'm curious about trying out all three storylines of Fire Emblem if, how much space should I aim for on an entirely new SD card? 8 GB, more? How much do you have?

Emunand takes 1 whole GB out of it, and no 4GB SD card is exactly that, most of the times is either 3.46, 3.66, or 3.78GB if you're lucky, mostly because the rest of the memory is used by the Mini SD in order to be checked by a computer or any device, take 1GB out of it and you would have 2.66GB, Fire Emblem If Special Edition takes 1.73GB + Invisible Kingdom (522MB) would take you = 2.23GB approx, since you need the double of the size of cias, you won't be able to install it normally.

However, you can skip the size part with Socket Punch, since the .cias are installed from your computer, you will need FBI, put the Ip on Socket Punch, and let the program do the job.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by tivu100,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I would recommend a 32GB, over that and they start getting pricier per GB and you don't need any more space really. On my 32GB I have about 20 games installed and that uses only a little over half. 16GB is fine if you are happy to sometimes uninstall games you're finished with.

Also, unless you want to put up with a huge amount of hassle when you get a fake card or a card that stops working mysteriously, buy from a real shop. First of all it's incredibly unlikely they'll sell you something fake or defective, second they will help you if something goes wrong and replace your card if it stops working. If you buy off ebay or Amazon resellers, you have to test cards you buy for fakeness and go through the hassle of PayPal disputes etc. so could be a long time before you get a product you can use all for only saving $5-$20.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I normally use 32GB, I run out of space sometimes as I have many games I like to keep installed and play whenever I want (e.g. Project Mirai DX).
I've used 64GB and I feel quite comfortable with that, no space problems ever, but it wasn't that bad on 32GB anyway.

I think you'll be ok with 32GB, and you will feel almost claustrophobic with 16GB.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since