Homebrew sd card failed.... now what?

gordesky1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after getting everything updated from luma a9 too the new updated verisons and updateing too 11.5 after i loaded couple games and went in a game and after the create save data it said sd card is removed please restart.. and nope still no sd card... tried it in my pc and nothing so it seems like it just died???

Is my 3ds still hacked and safe? and what do i need too do now when i buy a new sd card? cause i dont remember what was on the sd card that was needed? I know ony thing thats on the system memory that i see is fbi and that's it.....

gordesky1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it will recovery luma etc? it boots up fine but just missing homebrew menu luma and installed games etc. godmode still works when you hold start tho. i wish i would've did a backup of the sd card....

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So after getting everything updated from luma a9 too the new updated verisons and updateing too 11.5 after i loaded couple games and went in a game and after the create save data it said sd card is removed please restart.. and nope still no sd card... tried it in my pc and nothing so it seems like it just died???

Is my 3ds still hacked and safe? and what do i need too do now when i buy a new sd card? cause i dont remember what was on the sd card that was needed? I know ony thing thats on the system memory that i see is fbi and that's it.....
Your 3DS is still hacked. Your savegames might be lost though.
Anyway, try another SD card reader. I find that some readers can be picky with some cards and switching to another reader usually makes it work again. I had to juggle 3 different readers at one point because I had a couple picky SD cards.
Also, if you're using a SD->MicroSD adapter, try another adapter as those wear out over time and eventually fail. Also, try ejecting and reinserting the card in the adapter a few times, that usually helps as well.

gordesky1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm yep it seems like it just died.. i tried it in my phone and it doesn't even say i inserted a card... was a pretty good card too 32gb sandisk.

I do have a extra sandisk 8gb i can use for now.

Im just having little trouble putting everything back as it was... couple hours i did do this too get everything updated would i need too do that again?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm yep it seems like it just died.. i tried it in my phone and it doesn't even say i inserted a card... was a pretty good card too 32gb sandisk.

I do have a extra sandisk 8gb i can use for now.

Im just having little trouble putting everything back as it was... couple hours i did do this too get everything updated would i need too do that again?
All you really need is boot.firm (from Luma), plus any homebrew/CIAs/payloads you want.

gordesky1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after putting boot.firm in and downloading a couple cias i wanted which went ok:) But i tried the homebrew cia i downloaded which was 1.3. it was working before the sd card died..

This is the guide i follow hours ago too get everything updated. Do i need too do some of it again? https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

Last edited by gordesky1,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

gordesky1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm i got too step 9 Launch the Download Play application which i did and it went black than i got a error saying a an exception occurred and a stack dump on the bottom screen...

Do i need anything on the sd card? from that page it doeisnt say anything about files tho.

edit it seems like i needed files 3ds folder and boot.3dsx file. tho it booted too homebrew aint it suppose too boot too OCS so it can install the 5 listed apps?

Last edited by gordesky1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom