Hacking Question SD Card Directories Corrupted/Unreadable?

PokketGM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, this is confusing me a lot right now. Up until this point, I've been using Atmosphere/Hekate with no problem. I managed to install Tinfoil, with a bit of help from others, which is now working fine. The issue, however, arose after I tried to update EdiZon. I had tried to load cheats into the Atmosphere folder, under a new folder called "Titles", not knowing that it should have been under "Contents". (The guide I was following was effectively people troubleshooting in the comments.)

Anyway, when I tried to delete the old folder, I suddenly get an error message saying that the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. What's worse, this seems to be happening in numerous locations across my SD Card. I've noticed it in a couple of Atmosphere folders and my Tinfoil folder. I can't even delete them.

How can I fix this, preferably without having to reformat my SD card and potentially lose all the time and effort I've taken into getting games downloaded? I can't even load up my switch past Hekates EmuNand loader...

PokketGM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Card format?
From memory, FAT32, as indicated on the guide that I had followed on here back when I originally homebrewed my switch.

I'm unsure how that'd be an issue though, given that this is only happening now, after I updated EdiZon, and hasn't happened for the months that I've had my switch homebrewed.

Last edited by PokketGM,

PokketGM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by PokketGM,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way I can save / restore all the titles I've downloaded via Tinfoil etc.

No, just reinstall your game, it is quicker if you do the usb install method than using HBG shop download to install. First you should figure out what wrong with the card if it corrupting with FAT32.

PokketGM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just reinstall your game, it is quicker if you do the usb install method than using HBG shop download to install. First you should figure out what wrong with the card if it corrupting with FAT32.

Well, I'm making a backup, so to speak, just in case something does go wrong. Once that's done, I'll attempt to format the SD card / partitions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone