Homebrew ScummVM DS won't detect any games for me. Can anyone help?

dalewebster1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. I have a problem with using scummVM on my DS. I downloaded the official scummVMDS off the website, so the copy should be working fine. But the thing never seems to recognise the games that I copy onto the folder. I'm trying to play the secret of monkey island (and I know, I need to use scummVM_A), which I'll admit, I don't technically "own". However, the copy that I "acquired" runs from a DVD so I figured it would work the same way as in the tutorial I saw when the guy just copies the files off the disc (at least I think that's what you're supposed to do). Anyway, I copied all the files that are extracted when I run the game setup (for the CD version, if that also makes a difference) onto my MicroSD card etc etc. But then, the game is never noticed in the ScummVM browser that appears after clicking 'Add Game".

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong here, I really, really wanna play Monkey Island and it looks HORRIBLE on my pc!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
make sure you are using the 0.13.1 final version of scummvmds.

a list of the data files you need to run the cd version of MI can be found here:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafile...y_Island.2C_The

the audio needs to be reencoded to work on the nds. so rip out the tracks as wav and then encode them as instructed here:
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#cdaudio

there are 24 audio files and 2 data files that you will need. your files can be in any sub directory as scummvmds allows you select the folder.

-another world

dalewebster1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
God damnit! This dumbass thing was working all along. I guess it was ridiculous of me to imagine that the files it needs would appear in the browser that it makes to find the files (DUH!
hate2.gif
wtf.gif
).
So, yeahhhhhhh. Thanks for your help but all I had to do was select "Choose" . I thought it wasn't working as I couldn't see the files in the browser.

dalewebster1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have it running! The controls are a pain in the ass but it's kinda cool anyway. Is there any particular reason why a save file from the computer version of scummVM can't be loaded on the DS version? I tried loading the game I started the other day on the PC and it led to a control panel saying ERROR.

lonfar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to bump thread as i don't want to start new one and search through previous old thread, having some trouble choosing the game on the folder.

I have simon the sorcerer 2, inside the folder i have
Windows CD

GSPTR30
ICON.DAT
SIMON2.GME
SIMON2.WAV
STRIPPED.TXT
TBLLIST

Tried to choose the game but doesnt detect on DS
frown.gif
all the game i got have this problem except the two games i downloaded off ScummVM website

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol