Gaming Scribblenauts over hyped?

Do you think Scribblenauts was over hyped?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• A little bit.

• Total voters

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chazam1337 said:
Over hyped it may be, but you can have manbearpig and keyboard cat and not to mention anon with you. How win is that?

happy.gif

Again, the premise is still awesome. But if it can't be played all that well, it's still not much more than Pictochat.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, but the concept deserved every bit of it. Just the execution wasn't flawless. Come to think of it, it was actually pretty funny how virtually no one was thinking how it would be impossible to do this 100% right, including me after having played it before launch.

Ah well, Scribblenauts 2 should make up for that.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The idea for this game was great, but I always expected this game to not be as good as it was made out to be. Why? It was by a mediocre developer. I hope the sequel is by a more experienced team.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
it was a LIIITTTLLLE over hyped, i mean, its a great game, but the reason why people may be tired of it, is because its a puzzle game, its not meant to be like, cinematics and awesome action etc. Its a puzzle game, just you type what you want rather than figure out a puzzle in a form of a paragraph like in layton.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
What did I say right off from the begining? Yes, it was over-hyped. I got seriously bored of it after I found all the fun things to create, and have been on L4D since.

The game isn't hard, you can easily et through every level by knowing what to write in. Well, maybe not writing, since the handwriting feature truly sucked. I had to use a mixture of lower and upper case letters and it took about 3 tries to get it right (and my handwriting isn't THAT bad!).

Sorry to anyone who is enjoying it, but it's a very 'meh' game for me.

Edit: Also, got ver pissed off that you have to tap the screen to move. I was picking things up when I was trying to move, and moving whilst trying to pick things up.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it was over-hyped I got exactly what I expected a puzzle/platformer that has a ton of innovation......the over-hyping was in your minds because you thought the game would be more then that for some reason.

Edit:
HaniKazmi said:
The idea for this game was great, but I always expected this game to not be as good as it was made out to be. Why? It was by a mediocre developer. I hope the sequel is by a more experienced team.

Why do you think 5th cell is mediocre?

DustyVN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The previews looked awesome, and I'm really not disappointed. I mean of course it gets old after a while, most games do. But for me, I can't play a same game for like a hour so I'm not getting tired of it. My score, 8.5/10
rolleyes.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
worlok375 said:
HaniKazmi said:
Why do you think 5th cell is mediocre?
Probably because he played 'Drawn to Life' which was so mediocre that if you type 'mediocre' into Scribblenauts a picture of the 'Drawn to Life' cartridge appears.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
its over hyped , the game feels dirty and cheap to pass puzzles and cant compare to laytons for the varity of puzzles.
i like proff laytons which was underhyped as there are actual soultions and you can keep trying items till you get it right in scribble naughts

this is how i play most levels

1. try some crazy/fun solution - normally wont work
2. try a more tame solution - 50/50 wont work
3. ropes , helicopters , wings , god with bazooka- will work .

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yo' guys' i'd found out what the ultimate function behind the scribblenauts game really is,
after retireing from real life to practicate meditation and spending a bunch of time in studying that game
i come to the conclusion, that scribblenauts is a good meant education tool, for all those who want to improve in
their english skills' but aren't amused of the thought to investigate time in 'just' learning vocabularies out of a dictionary;
my advice, take a scribblenauts game, additional a dictionary, backtrack to ya' rooms, and have fun XD

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For all those suggesting "scribblenauts 2" I severely doubt that there will be such a game. 5th Cell aren't going to "cell" away the rights. (ehh?)
5th Cell have already stated that they are going to move away from DS development; I believe they cited piracy as the reason. Whilst unfortunate, I fear that Scribblenauts isn't going to be the "big bang" they were expecting. The controls, for me, almost ruin the "innovation" of the game. It isn't fair to let a game off for shit controls because it is "innovative," when if any other game had the same controls we would be complaining to high hell about it. Innovative games do not deserve a free pass.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
Every company has to start somewhere not everyone starts off with the great games only the truly great companies are capable of starting off with great success.Sometimes it takes experience with Trial and Error til companies get it right...too bad Sega cant follow that logic LOL they started off so good now only get worst haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==