Gaming Scribblenauts imagination sharing thread

elemcee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andyp350 said:
has any one done world 2-3 action, i cant get past the damn security guards, i tried invisibility cloak but they can still see me

Here's what I did: Put a burglar next to the starite. This trips a gate so there are no guards near the starite. Then put a termite on the crate so it eats the crate and the totem pole. Then get wings and fly up to the top level and push your way past the guard with the gun and down to the starite.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
I can't get 1-10 (puzzle) to work. The stupid ants keep eating the hippie's sandwich and I can't kill the ants or I lose. Any tips?
Yes this was a pretty easy puzzle in my opinion. Like a previous poster said, you can summon anteaters to eat the ants, and it won't count as hurting the ants.
When doing it the second time, just scribble aardvarks instead for the same thing.
Use your imagination for the third time.

Here are four different ways to summon a black hole, which is one of the most helpful objects if used correctly.
Black Hole
Wormhole (choose Destructive; the other one is just a portal that spawns a random monster)
Singularity
Antimatter (looks different but does the same thing)

I'm currently trying to think of more words for friendly flying beasts, I only know of three right now:
Pegasus
Pterodactyl
Pteranodon

They get boring after a while.

Use Mind Control Device to turn most aggressive creatures friendly.
Freeze Gun traps an object in an ice cube for a short while.
Shrink Ray shrinks stuff. I abuse this like crazy in the transporting levels. Just shrink anything and put it in a basket.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cmdixon said:
I need help with level 3-6. I can figure out how to give the caveman fire, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the big dinosaur without the egg cracking and a baby dinosaur being born. I assume since the caveman wants a dino omelet that the egg needs to be intact?

Senbonzaku101 said:
QUOTE(cmdixon @ Sep 12 2009, 08:29 PM) I need help with level 3-6. I can figure out how to give the caveman fire, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the big dinosaur without the egg cracking and a baby dinosaur being born. I assume since the caveman wants a dino omelet that the egg needs to be intact?

It took me forever to realize you get an omelet from the egg above the caveman. Throw it at him and then summon a hand lens to light the log next to the skull.

I typed in dino omelet and gave it to the caveman, which worked. Which I don't think it should have. And then i typed fire and put it infront of the caveman. All this after trying everything else which nothing seemed to work.

Tubbernaut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The thing I find the most annoying is the levels where you have to reunite things.

Example:

Reunite the lamb with the rest of the herd.
I kill off the wolf, and then cant get the sheep across the gap because a bridge wont fit and I cant resize stuff....

Altho, for transporting people (ie: Take the injured man up the snowy cliff to the hospital) I just spawn a helicopter and hover it over him so he appears in the passenger seat (hold the rear of the vehicle over him).

Still, super fun as - pity no story
smile.gif

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok this game seriously needs its own forum.. I'll set one up if anyone else is keen
tongue.gif
No registration required =/

Lulzor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tubbernaut said:
The thing I find the most annoying is the levels where you have to reunite things.

Example:

I kill off the wolf, and then cant get the sheep across the gap because a bridge wont fit and I cant resize stuff....

Altho, for transporting people (ie: Take the injured man up the snowy cliff to the hospital) I just spawn a helicopter and hover it over him so he appears in the passenger seat (hold the rear of the vehicle over him).

smile.gif

Eh. First post but:

For the lamb part, try "writing" a "bridge ladder".
spotted this in 3-10, puzzle

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright for anyone that is interested, I've made a forum for Scribblenauts. Remember it's to boast your imagination... not to cheat
tongue.gif

http://scribblenauts.forumup.com/

Should be able to post to the story section without registration. However there is no validation for signup so it'll take ~10 seconds.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
hamtotem said:
wow, you actually did it. registered, posted and helped.

Lol sweet. I'd have added a thread for each level.. then it occured to me that that is almost 240 levels... then it further occurred to me: Damn they put some effort in to this game for 240 levels. Anywho and yeah.. no idea how to do this with a bot or anything...

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IzzehO said:
hamtotem said:
wow, you actually did it. registered, posted and helped.

Lol sweet. I'd have added a thread for each level.. then it occured to me that that is almost 240 levels... then it further occurred to me: Damn they put some effort in to this game for 240 levels. Anywho and yeah.. no idea how to do this with a bot or anything...
not to mention the hundreds of items added and diffferent interactions. for 26 megs...

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, I can't believe I didn't think of using the grappling hook for that. Thanks to the both of you.
Although, stringing together two ropes, attaching it to the Starite and pulling it towards you works just as well. Alternates to the rope can be vine, ivy, cord and cable, apparently. I just figured out how attaching things to each other works, since the tutorial was a bit vague for me.

Also, if you summon two bunnies/hares/rabbits, they mate until the item limit is reached. I don't know if it could ever be used to solve a puzzle, but this was the best thing I found out in this game.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
steirina said:
Eh, I can't believe I didn't think of using the grappling hook for that. Thanks to the both of you.
Although, stringing together two ropes, attaching it to the Starite and pulling it towards you works just as well. Alternates to the rope can be vine, ivy, cord and cable, apparently. I just figured out how attaching things to each other works, since the tutorial was a bit vague for me.

Also, if you summon two bunnies/hares/rabbits, they mate until the item limit is reached. I don't know if it could ever be used to solve a puzzle, but this was the best thing I found out in this game.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found a really helpful glitch that allows you to solve many levels easily. It's in those levels where the star is right above a hatch or metal sliding door, usually right above you. You often need to do a few things and then hit the switch, and grab the fallen star.

You just need to summon a handcuffs, rope, or something similar to it (small things like handcuffs are preferred in most cases though). I'll take 8-4 as an example. There are 3 sliding doors there. Just connect the handcuffs to the star, and to the sliding door directly below it. The star will fall right through. Do that 2 more times, and then just use wings or a pterodactyl and go grab the star.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tubbernaut said:

Example:

smile.gif

For that kind of thing simply spawn an airship, a chain, tie the chain to the airship and then tie the chain to the lamb e.c.t. but in that level I didn't think of that method so I ended up making a ramp out of two bridges or so and put a shepherd which the lamb followed.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tubbernaut said:

Example:

smile.gif

These levels are often easy if you use a pterodactyl or roflcopter (smaller than normal helicopter so easier to move around). Attach a rope, then fly above the target, attach the rope to the target, and fly it to where it needs to be.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duck Hunt:

I tried guns of sorts, ran out of ammo pretty quickly, so I tried to redo the level some way with less items. I wanted a vehicle with a gun so I wouldn't run out of ammo, so I tried summoning a black hawk helicopter

1st try: "blackhawk" (I avoided adding helicopter in case it would summon a regular one thinking "blackhawk" was an invalid adjective) = nothing

2nd try: "black hawk" = summoned a hawk... which promptly ate the ducks

so epic fail for the win I suppose

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The magnifying glass option in the top left, or "Observation Mode" or whatever it's actually called is one of the best features in the game. Use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can you just edit the save file on a PC?