Gaming Scribblenauts Hype and News Thread

Aeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foxyfangornprincess said:
not unknown. found it. you just have to think about it really hard + the clues i asked for helpt.

As much as I've been stalking these threads, I haven't seen you asking for any clues. That, or I skipped over it.

The only things I know is that it is supposedly uploaded somewhere, the file name isn't something obvious, and that's it.

EDIT: Actually, you've only posted once. How could you have asked for clues?

AlmightyJuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact of the matter is that if it is relatively easy to "figure out" then it would have leaked all over the internet by now. I've heard the site it was supposedly uploaded to and looked at all files that were uploaded at the time he supposedly uploaded it and there are no files even remotely similar to scribblenauts. The whole thing is a hoax. Now go back to discussing how awesome the game will be.

Aeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true, but it makes no sense. Why would it say Scribblenauts if it's not Scribblenauts? Why would he hide it when he could have just said "This card says Scribblenauts but it's not Scribblenauts." or something similar to prevent all of this?

xboxgmer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
The e3 demo wasn't the full game, it was just a sandbox empty room to summon things in to test the word dictionary, so I'm not quite sure what everyone is so worked up about.

Unless he tried to claim he had the FULL game from e3 which is a bold faced lie and we shouldn't get our hopes up. The game was still in development then and the full production wasn't on the showroom floor.

Really, seems like a lot of attention grabbing drama I missed when I was off in the real world.

I was at e3 and played scribblenauts while i was there. The e3 demo wasnt the full game, and it wasnt a "sandbox empty room" it had 6 or 9 different levels that you could attempt to solve in different methods.

Aeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
Because he wanted all this hoopla and attention? If he said "This isn't Scribblenauts, its X game" he wouldn't get that?

He would have gotten it either way, because people still would have been curious about what was under the sharpie marking.
I do agree that it was for attention, though. What bothers me is that it seemed like he didn't want attention - the marked out name, not giving lots of information, saying he was afraid of the FBI finding him, and so on. The whole of this just bugs me, really.

eddi44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI everbody be sure of it its a hoax
hate2.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I'm not so sure that it is a hoax, consider that he went to all the trouble to take the casing off a game cartridge, print out a NDS label to put on the game similar to those on normal carts on the inside and then cover it up with a permanent marker and wait for someone to x-ray it or not. But then that does raise questions about his cousin having to return the game and then they would be suspicious as to why the game name was scribbled out (no pun intended
tongue.gif
). In the even that he has dumped the game, his reasons for being traced may be valid seeing as the developers could check who they gave copies too and then further look into the leak, though that may be too much effort.

Either way it isn't long until the release of the game, as I see it if you don't play the "dumped demo" (If it even exists and you get your hands on it) and wait it will be a much more rewarding experience
smileipb2.png

Aeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want to join just to post in this thread but I couldn't help myself. I am a little suspicious of a couple of people though, whether they're affiliated with cruddybuddy or not.

I'm done having my hopes up, though.

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
As the person who started this hype thread many moons ago, I can say if a demo dump comes out I won't try it.

I'm already afraid enough as it is that this game might have limited single player appeal once you've thought up every outlandish thing you can. I don't want to burn myself out on a 6-9 level demo when the read thing is just 6 weeks ago.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
I'm not so sure that it is a hoax, consider that he went to all the trouble to take the casing off a game cartridge, print out a NDS label to put on the game similar to those on normal carts on the inside and then cover it up with a permanent marker and wait for someone to x-ray it or not. But then that does raise questions about his cousin having to return the game and then they would be suspicious as to why the game name was scribbled out (no pun intended
tongue.gif
). In the even that he has dumped the game, his reasons for being traced may be valid seeing as the developers could check who they gave copies too and then further look into the leak, though that may be too much effort.

Either way it isn't long until the release of the game, as I see it if you don't play the "dumped demo" (If it even exists and you get your hands on it) and wait it will be a much more rewarding experience
smileipb2.png
Pretty sure if you look close, he put tape over the original text with the sharpie being on the tape.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow...within the 2-4 hours I was gone tons of people with BRAND NEW accounts have started posting in this thread...seriously what the heck? Anyway if it leaks early I won't get it...(remember the no flashcart thing?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.