Hacking Screwed up the System Transfer

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I screwed up again and now I'm not sure what steps to take... This is what I get for doing this at 2am. I waited patiently for more than 6 hours for my System Transfer to finish from my a9lh O3DS to stock N3DSXL . I missed this step though:

• Your CFW 3DS = 3DS #1 = "Source System"
  • Your Stock 3DS = 3DS #2 = "Target System"
  • Move DSiWare titles if prompted!
  • Do NOT delete the target system's SD card contents if prompted
  • Make sure neither device's battery dies during the transfer
I may have deleted it and now the System is transfer is done but without Legends of Exidia on both the consoles. What should I do? I should finish the guide and restore the a9lh 3DS though right? Will my NNID be disabled since I did the Transfer? I'm not in the US so calling Nintendo might be a problem

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You can redownload it from the eShop if the NNID made its way over. The save might or might not be there.

No, if didn't move the microSD to the new system, the save won't be transferred.

Did you see the message "this system cannot participate in another system transfer for another 7 days" on the target device? If not, put the SD card from the source device onto the target device, go to system settings -> System transfer. It will connect to the Internet and ask you to transfer the DSiWare over.

If you want to call Nintendo from overseas, use google hangout dialer. It can call to US and Canada for free.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the Target 3DS has the message "this system cannot participate in another system transfer for another 7 days"... and I can't swap the cards since they are using SD and micro SD cards.

How about if I wait for the 7 days and buy the DSiware game as a guest and transfer it all over again? Will that work the same?

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah the Target 3DS has the message "this system cannot participate in another system transfer for another 7 days"... and I can't swap the cards since they are using SD and micro SD cards.

How about if I wait for the 7 days and buy the DSiware game as a guest and transfer it all over again? Will that work the same?

You have to copy the content of the SD card over to the microSD as you moved the game with the save file there. Put it in when it prompt the system will restart on the target device as right after restarting, it will connect to the Internet and check and will ask you to move the DSiWare if it's found on the sd card.

You can call Nintendo, saying you made a mistake transferring and ask them to transfer back to the old system. That way you won't have to buy the game again. Though both systems are still locked for 7 days.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just transfer the contents of the SD card into a micro SD card, or into the N3DS's micro SD card since the data on the micro SD card is now obsolete. But I think it's already too late since I think you already finished the system transfer and booted on the home menu.

What you can do is, wait for 7 days, buy the game from the O3DS again(since you can't transfer from N3DS to O3DS), make sure the hacked save is injected properly and do the System Transfer again. Now when you do that, make sure you backed up the source's SD card to your PC after the system transfer and copy it to the target's SD card(back up and delete all contents of the target's SD before copying).

Last edited by Akira,

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah looks like I'll have to buy the game again. Still would be cheaper than a hard mod in my country. Thank you everyone. I'll wait for a week and try again...

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At which point does the system transfer process exactly prompt me to delete target system SD data? After the transfer is complete?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte