Homebrew Screen problem with some GBA injects

jonnytron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i've searched the forum but cant find any mention of the issue I have. Some (not all) GBA injects I have on my system display the top screen overlapping the top margin - so that the top eighth of the screen is displayed at the bottom of the image for some reason.

Specifically the pokemon injects by Asia81 (and all other pokemon injects ive tried to replace them with) have this problem... so far i've tried replacing these titles but cant find any that both have nice banners and don't have the issue. i've tried restoring my TWL and GBA to stock (incase I had any other patching going on).

*Further information on my system; N3DS XL running 11.0 CFW sysNAND with Luma3DS

Edit: It seems to happen exclusively to GBA inject CIA's in the 16Mb size range? Ideas on how to fix? roms around 33, 8 or 4Mb in size are fine.
Edit2: After discovering that 16Mb is key I found this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/q-gba-cia-on-emunand-not-rendering-screen-correctly.397084/... confirming the issue but also showing theres no clear fix other than cutting down SD size - The issue seems to arise in large 128Gb SD cards (like mine).

Last edited by jonnytron,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1