Screen doesn't want to calibrate

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by BiscuitCookie, Dec 3, 2008.

Dec 3, 2008
  1. BiscuitCookie
    OP

Member BiscuitCookie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Well when I press the cross in the square during calibration it just repeats it self.

When I normally use the touch screen this happens; on the right side the place where I touch is slightly moved to the left, and when I touch a the left side it is slightly moved to the right ,and same goes for up and down only the diference between where I touch and where it recognizes it is slightly smaller
    in the midle it recognizes the touch just in the midle.

I have a screen protector over it but don't think that's the problem becuase if it was the problem it still would allow me to calibrate.

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    If it doesn't ever finish calibration, it doesn't think you are being consistent enough to be able to calibrate correctly.

This could be because your touch screen is old/dodgy it sort of happened to my touch screen after 2 years.

You could try removing the screen protector, as that will make the screen thicker, and so any bad calibration will be exacerbated.

3. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The only real solution is change the touchscreen, cheap $4 but not the easiest thing to do.