Screen Capture

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SO I'm planning on screencapping a session of Minecraft with a friend over Skype (Adventure map+skype+editting=fun (hopefully) but I need a different screencap tool. I currently have FRAPS which works perfectly, great quality etc. but I recorded 2 minutes of footage(848x480 @30FPS) and the file size was 1.45GB. Over a couple of hours that is going to be a gigantic file to deal with. Are there any good screencapture tools that will produce a smaller file as well as record my computer audio+my mic?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Recording half size will make the video far too low quality for what I want. 848x480 isn't very high-res so halfing it would make it a 240p video (low quality for Youtube these days). I'll check out Camtasia.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fraps is hardcoded to use a custom codec and does not allow you to change it so it is sacrifice resolution or nothing. You might try http://taksi.sourceforge.net/ which does 3d capture and can use a custom codec (VFW only but if you installed FFDshow on your system you should have the FFDshow codec which you can tell to use a whole mess of things that might result in either less demand or smaller file sizes as appropriate).

Audio can be done with a standard loopback tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!