Screen & Body Replacement

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MrMario123, Jul 17, 2017.

1. MrMario123
    OP

MrMario123 Switch Maniac :D

Jan 24, 2016
    Romania
    Bucharest
    Hello, I scratched my Switch's screen and front part pretty badly, so I searched on eBay for a replacement screen and body and couldn't find anything. I was wondering if anyone knows a place where I can find replacement parts for the Switch. Thanks in advance!

2. anthonyplep

anthonyplep (´ε` )

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    Ohio
    I think at this point in the game it might be too early for big replacement parts like that. I would try to contact Nintendo and see what they can do

3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Not that I know of as its not just a plastic layer it has the touch part built into the plastic

4. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    It's a bit early for third party replacements for it. What you might need to do is to find out whom developed the screen. Then find the correct code for the screen and search on Ebay or Alibaba.

EDIT: It seems actually you can just change the plastic cover, they aren't fused together like phones are.
    EDIT2: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Replacem...over-for-Nintendo-Switch-Console/162558995956
    EDIT3: Search for "house shell nintendo switch" and you get a load of results! Good luck!

This seems to be what you are looking for.

Last edited by linuxares, Jul 17, 2017
    Saiyan Lusitano and MrMario123 like this.
  5. MrMario123
    OP

MrMario123 Switch Maniac :D

Jan 24, 2016
    Romania
    Bucharest
    I live in Romania, so it's pretty hard for me to get in contact with Nintendo...

6. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    You are correct. For the first time in a Nintendo handheld's history, the covering screen is also a digitizer. The bottom screens were just screens with no protection on the 3DS, but the outer screen on the Switch is like a cellphone, which is a clear touch pad on top of an actual screen more or less.

Unfortunately OP, I don't think Nintendo will replace the console for minor scratches. It would have to stop being functional probably.

7. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
  8. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Saiyan Lusitano likes this.