ROM Hack SciresM's Sun/Moon Patches

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been using this, but I've been doing live editing through PKMN-NTR, and haven't been caught. For example, a Wingull in box 1 slot 1 suddenly becomes a Guzzlord, been doing that in XY/ORAS, it's the same here. So I'm sure going online with a modified code.bin isn't a big deal. The best thing about the tool is while there's a lot going for it now, that it will get bigger and bigger is exciting.

Reactions: Khim09

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So it doesn't work with Corbenik dumped code? I tried renaming the SD:\corbenik\lib\exefs\text\MoonTitleID to code.bin and applying the patch says it couldn't recognize the code.bin, i don't feel like dumping and then extracting the game, it takes forever on my shitty notebook

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it doesn't work with Corbenik dumped code? I tried renaming the SD:\corbenik\lib\exefs\text\MoonTitleID to code.bin and applying the patch says it couldn't recognize the code.bin, i don't feel like dumping and then extracting the game, it takes forever on my shitty notebook
It sadly doesn't work with corbenik code.bin
However this quote has ips patches that you can patch to a corbenik code.bin
if it's so you don't have to acquire the code.bin which can be a pain then I can make patch for you from clean the patched .bin and clean .bin
they should work for either game. http://www.mediafire.com/file/g8mapbb8p72o2pg/patches.zip

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really familiar with IPS files, i googled it and seems like they're mostly patches for snes roms or something, i'm supposed to use those patches in the code.bin i have?
You can. Download lunar ips http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/ and double click the IPS file. Make it show all files and click the code.bin

(IPS are normally used for romhacks of old games like gba and snes but are also used for other things like this)

Last edited by xtheman,
Reactions: escequi

Neokolzia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't been using this, but I've been doing live editing through PKMN-NTR, and haven't been caught. For example, a Wingull in box 1 slot 1 suddenly becomes a Guzzlord, been doing that in XY/ORAS, it's the same here. So I'm sure going online with a modified code.bin isn't a big deal. The best thing about the tool is while there's a lot going for it now, that it will get bigger and bigger is exciting.

NTR usually shuts off online features though? Or did you custom mod yours to get around that?

I am paitently waiting to see what other Code selection patches for SuMo come out, idk if its possible to get all shiny or stuff like that.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTR usually shuts off online features though? Or did you custom mod yours to get around that?

I am paitently waiting to see what other Code selection patches for SuMo come out, idk if its possible to get all shiny or stuff like that.

Not using a cheat plugin, those are shut off when you go online. As long as I connect through festival plaza or go to the home menu without closing the game, it's enough to get some things done through PKMN-NTR.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants an easier way to do this, the latest Luma3DS commit allows direct application of an IPS file without dumping, decrypting, patching or storing the code.bin file on your SD card.

Simply update to the latest Luma3DS hourly either by using Luma Updater (Install latest hourly) or by downloading it from here.

Next, download this file which contains two IPS patches, one including the no outline patch and one that doesn't.

Rename the file you want to code.ips and stick it in the following folders on your SD card:

Sun: SD:\luma\titles\0004000000164800\code.ips

Moon: SD:\luma\titles\0004000000175E00\code.ips

And that's it, you're done.

Droyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it normal that once I scan QR code I get the pokemon but it appears that I've only seen it on pokedex and not that I own it ?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants an easier way to do this, the latest Luma3DS commit allows direct application of an IPS file without dumping, decrypting, patching or storing the code.bin file on your SD card.

Simply update to the latest Luma3DS hourly either by using Luma Updater (Install latest hourly) or by downloading it from here.

Next, download this file which contains two IPS patches, one including the no outline patch and one that doesn't.

Rename the file you want to code.ips and stick it in the following folders on your SD card:

Sun: SD:\luma\titles\0004000000164800\code.ips

Moon: SD:\luma\titles\0004000000175E00\code.ips

And that's it, you're done.

Does this include the QR code patches like no 10 time scan limit?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all ips files in 7z implemented OP's hack. and some others extra goods. credit to @ymyn for his great work on Su/Mo gateshark codes

these features are optional.
1. no outlines
2. Guarantee Catch
3. all pokemon rename-able
4. instant message display
5. quick hatch
6. AlwaysShinyForNotLockedPM
7. walking/running speed *1.375 constantly. according to other speed hack user's posts, beyond 1.375 is not SAFE(through the wall etc...)
8. Disable ingame NFC (wifi won't be cut off after connected. no more festival plaza or suspend the game when you try to video record your game or use pkmn-ntr debugger:ph34r:)
9. SaltySD (https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltySD)

for mono feature patch, it's fine to use the same ips file, but not for multi features. better not to share the same ips for both games. the game may crash randomly if you are using the same patch.

check this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/batch-tool-to-generate-ips-patches-for-pkmn-su-mo.452178/

Last edited by Sonansune,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pick one you like:)
all belows implemented SuMoPatches done by SciresM. and some others static gateway codes.

1. no outlines
2. Guarantee Catch
3. all pokemon rename-able
4. instant message display
5. quick hatch
6. walking/running speed *1.375 constantly.

Jeez, not what I expected, thanks a lot, toys to play with basically. So you could make your own IPS patches? How would one go about that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1