Scene hacker Voksi arrested for cracking Denuvo, raided by police

LMooDC0.png

PC gamers should be familiar with the word Denuvo, the latest anti-piracy tech created in 2014 in order to prevent pirates from cracking PC games on release. For a while, it seemed that hacking teams were defeated, unable to crack the software which had gained notoriety for supposedly causing high levels of CPU and hard drive usage, making games run worse than normal. Then came along Voksi, one of the first to reliably understand how Denuvo worked and be able to remove the software from pirated copies of games. He made a name for himself by cracking high profile games very shortly after launch, and gained popularity in the cracking scene. However, that streak appears to have ended today.

On July 25, Voksi went radio silent on all communication, and then had the website to his hacking group, REVOLT, removed by the Bulgarian government. Later that day, Voksi reappeared and claimed that police had raided his home, arresting him and taking away both his computers.

It finally happened, I can't say it wasn't expected, Denuvo filed a case against me to the bulgarian authorities. Police came yesterday and took the server pc and my personal PC. I had to go to the police afterwards and explain myself. Later that day I contacted Denuvo themselves and offered them a peacful resolution to this problem. They can't say anything for sure yet, but they said the final word is by the prosecutor of my case.

Sadly, I won't be able to do what I did anymore. I did what I did for you guys and of course because bloated software in our games shouldn't be allowed at all. Maybe someone else can continue my fight.

Denuvo's parent company, Irdeto, filed a suit with Bulgarian government, on the charges of "cybercrimes", and now, it appears Voksi will no longer be removing Denuvo from new game releases.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, they could just have hired the guy if the guy was brilliant. But also, how much harm did the guy caused? Did the guy crack credit cards or leaked stuff?

If he indeed DID leak sensitive data (personal info, credit cards), yeah totally. And this is why cracking stuff where sensitive data, such as bank accounts and such is kind of stepping on land mines. But if not, Denuvo is pulling a Sony from the PS3 era

Last edited by Coto,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Denuvo and its parent company can burn in hell for all I care. Yes, I get why DRM is a thing, yes, I get why companies do it, to placate their teat-sucking investors, yadda yadda, but come on. Denuvo is bad and they should feel bad. DRM only makes legit users suffer, I'm glad there are cracks out there that circumvent DRM.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F to pay respects.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, they could just have hired the guy if the guy was brilliant. But also, how much harm did the guy caused? Did the guy cracked credit cards or leaked stuff?

If he indeed leaked sensitive data (personal info, credit cards), yeah totally. And this is why cracking stuff where sensitive data, such as bank accounts and such is kind of stepping on land mines. But if not, Denuvo is pulling a Sony from the PS3 era
>If he indeed leaked sensitive data (personal info, credit cards), yeah totally.

lmao what

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they could just have hired the guy if the guy was brilliant. But also, how much harm did the guy caused? Did the guy crack credit cards or leaked stuff?

If he indeed leaked sensitive data (personal info, credit cards), yeah totally. And this is why cracking stuff where sensitive data, such as bank accounts and such is kind of stepping on land mines. But if not, Denuvo is pulling a Sony from the PS3 era
sowwi wat

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
F to pay respects.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

>If he indeed leaked sensitive data (personal info, credit cards), yeah totally.

lmao what

sowwi wat

Hackers bypassing security in online platforms where sensitive data ends up being leaked, that happens a lot. But I think we need more context from both sides. Can you guys read

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto