Hacking ScDS2

severed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres a lot of great GBA games, but my favorites are the Zeldas, Golden Sun and Castlevania. Love the GameBoyColor Zeldas too

if you dont have a Slot-2 for GBA games its definitely not something to pass on IMO, worst part about the XL for me
wink.gif

and how much do you save with Acekard?? 15-20$ ??

nPrime2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
severed said:
theres a lot of great GBA games, but my favorites are the Zeldas, Golden Sun and Castlevania. Love the GameBoyColor Zeldas too

if you dont have a Slot-2 for GBA games its definitely not something to pass on IMO, worst part about the XL for me
wink.gif

and how much do you save with Acekard?? 15-20$ ??

$20. I have a 3ds, so its between the 2. There are pros and cons to both.........and its killing me

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the 3DS, if you just want to play DS games, the AK2i is the better choice. If you want to play gba and snes game the DS2 is the better choice. There's also the nicety of real time save and cheats.

nPrime2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
On the 3DS, if you just want to play DS games, the AK2i is the better choice. If you want to play gba and snes game the DS2 is the better choice. There's also the nicety of real time save and cheats.

Thats sort of where I'm at with it. Money isn't a problem right now, but damn $40 seems expensive.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want SNES emulation, a decent video player (Supports .avi and other formats), excellent game compatibility (Also with AceKard), or GBA emulation, don't get this.

EDIT: Also, what Rydian said above.

severed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasnt sure about Acekard running Snes but after reading replies I remembered it uses the extra RAM in the Supercard (or a Slot-2 so again if you dont have Slot-2 a good reason to go Supercard) and heres some another reason its worth its price..

cart_chart.gif

really tho i think the GBA+Snes is the best reason to make it worth the extra $20 besides the better menu and features
wink.gif

nPrime2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I think I'll see how the Acekard treats me. I have SNES emulation on my HDTV, so I'm good there. And most of the GBA games I want to play will be available through the Ambassador program. So really, the DS is my main concern. I think in this case, I'll test the waters cheap.

Smarag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got mine today (I also have a M3i Zero since a long time) and while it is more expensive than the Acekard it is an investment for the future. The Acekard is already very old and GBA emulation is not the only thing that makes it better than the rest as Rydian mentioned.
$/€40 also isn't really that much in my opinion that's the price of a NDS Game after all.

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ScDS2 Being my 1st flash card I can easily say that I have had no regrets on this at all. It's so worth it.

All the different homebrew is awesome.

I love playing GBA games on it too.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the apps and functions, and emulation ability, its definitely worth it.

And if you are a student, the ireader thing will save you tons of money (Well, not tons) because you can just download a pdf of a book.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could go even cheaper with a R4i Gold 3DS, which can do pretty much the same as the Acekard, because of Wood, except it doesn't have the contact issues that the majority of the Acekards have and it's cheaper.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I agree with the idea of getting an R4. It is really cheap and just as supported as Acekard with the famous Wood firmware, there are also ways to load roms from moonshell 2. Get a DSTWO for extra features, whether they are necessary is up to you
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival