Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The boxing looks like it got cheaper...

it looks like just a box with a carton made of egg cartons in the inside...

I liked the old on better. it seemed more sturdy. and mine has teeth too. and it's the old one xD

mine's the excact same one as the one at the GBAtemp review xD

decayed.cell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay guys I have a problem with this new card, other people also seem to be experiencing issues. I actually get a PSRAM error when I do the self-test
frown.gif

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how_do_i_do_that said:
you sure you didn't buy the chinese one and load the english firmware?

IMHO you will get an error telling you that the firmware is not compatible.

PSRAM error is a HW fault, go to your dealer and exchange it for a new one.

decayed.cell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
you sure you didn't buy the chinese one and load the english firmware?
The chinese one has a yellow leaf instead of green in the logo

lurbi said:
QUOTE(how_do_i_do_that @ Sep 12 2008, 10:24 AM) you sure you didn't buy the chinese one and load the english firmware?

IMHO you will get an error telling you that the firmware is not compatible.

PSRAM error is a HW fault, go to your dealer and exchange it for a new one.
Yeah I did he's sending me a new one

decayed.cell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
@decayed.cell:

May I ask where you bought yours? I got mine from DealExtreme and would like to know which dealer is the one putting out this faulty card. Thanks.
Mentioned in the first post. I've got another one on order, and the seller is going to replace it for me (I've bought a lot of things from him so I trust him). Also happened to get a faulty AK2 but he has already replaced that for me with a cart from DX. Could be a bad batch - if you check on the SuperCard forums theres a few guys having problems. Man I'm unlucky ahha

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
decayed.cell said:
granville said:
@decayed.cell:

May I ask where you bought yours? I got mine from DealExtreme and would like to know which dealer is the one putting out this faulty card. Thanks.
Mentioned in the first post. I've got another one on order, and the seller is going to replace it for me (I've bought a lot of things from him so I trust him). Also happened to get a faulty AK2 but he has already replaced that for me with a cart from DX. Could be a bad batch - if you check on the SuperCard forums theres a few guys having problems. Man I'm unlucky ahha
Guess I'll have to wait and see if mine is a dud. I certainly know what it's like to have one! Anyway, I hope you get everything sorted out.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
granville said:
decayed.cell said:
granville said:
@decayed.cell:

Guess I'll have to wait and see if mine is a dud. I certainly know what it's like to have one! Anyway, I hope you get everything sorted out.
The PSRAM-error was much more of a problem some months ago, haven't heard of too many having that problem anymore.

jeeper421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered one a few months back that was in the old packaging but is the new style with teeth OS1. I am really glad it has teeth seems to be really good quality.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well that's not all...

The MicroSD reader in the package worked perfectly until this morning... Since, it doesn't work at all, on every computers. Weird.

Well I have plenty of MicroSD readers so I don't care...

decayed.cell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Hmm, I received my SCDSONEv3 and there was no CD inside...
And your problem was?

The CD they use is totally unnecessary as you can get the software on their website. But I will admit it's weird.

Theres laws preventing them from sending a CD, its noted on bamboogaming

QUOTE(Sonic4Ever @ Oct 5 2008, 11:53 PM)
Well that's not all...

The MicroSD reader in the package worked perfectly until this morning... Since, it doesn't work at all, on every computers. Weird.

Had the same problem with the CycloDS one, but a week later it magically worked again OO

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just the notification: I ordered from DX and just received SCDS1 in this, new package, new reader, new everything. Works great, nice upgrade from R4. I don't like cheats, but real time save kicks so much ass when you use it only on check points and do not abuse it to save every 5 seconds!
smile.gif

I've finally beaten Contra 4 on normal (I died in alien base every time without RTS
frown.gif
)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Examo said:
dsone3.jpg

This is the new packaging for the Chinese version. I think it looks much better.
Nice, I really like it.

QUOTE(Sonic4Ever @ Oct 5 2008, 03:53 PM) Well that's not all...

It seems like putting the microSD reader (which is USB 2.0) in an USB 1.1 port kills it. At least, it did happen once to me
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.