Hacking SCDS 1 Questions - URGENT -

rongjie89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I recently bought a SuperCard DS One with my DS lite. Its working great, all the roms are working, no hiccups, lagging or what-so-ever. But there is a bit of a problem...

I cannot save my games

I realized that while i have a save file on a game(e.g. Ace Attourney), i cannot have a another game save file as the first one will be overwritten!

Please help, i am losing sleep over this...

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's it doing? Your save file isn't there when you turn the DS back on?

I had this problem with PoR and DoS. I was using Patch Mode, but my saves weren't showing up after I turned the DS back on. So I had to manually set the save sie to 64, eventhough patch mode automatically sets the save size to 512.

These are the only two games I've had to do this with. But I haven't played Ace Attorney on my SCDS1 yet. So find out what the correct save size is for that game, and set it to it.

Hopefully that works.

rongjie89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Okay maybe i typed my first post in a hurry...here's a detailed account.

1.Playing Ace Attourney
2.Save
3.Turn off DS
4.Switch it back on
5.Play FF3
6.Save

From here on when i go back to my Ace Attourney game the save file is gone.

And also, when i load the sd card onto my computer i cannot locate a single trace of any game .sav files.

I am using a SanDisk 1 GB microSD.
I noticed that the card is write-protected...could that be the problem?

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
and here is your problem. The Super card try to write down the save file to the card ( that has been up till now in the internal mem) and fails to do so
smile.gif

rongjie89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Huh...i thought so too.

So, is there a way to fix this? I tried removing the Read-Only flag on the microSd. But it just reverts back to Read-Only when i check it again....

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Huh...i thought so too.

So, is there a way to fix this? I tried removing the Read-Only flag on the microSd. But it just reverts back to Read-Only when i check it again....

i think thats just a windows thing, the card can obviously be written to as you can transfer roms to it

try making a blank 512kb file and name it as the save and put it on the card with the rom ... games.nds game.sav ...ect

could be a duff cart you have, and it won't write to the mem card.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Yeah also it might be some issue with the internal flash read so check if you have save files on the mem card:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol