Gaming Scarface vs Godfather

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Mafia borrowed heavily from The Godfather.

GTA: Vice City borrowed heavily from Scarface.

Both Mafia and The Godfather had waaay more class than those other two.

I concur!

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
Scarface is much better than Godfather. Seeing as Scarface is much like GTA with the ability to free roam more and not be given missions but you search for them.

I am only basing this on the PC versions of the game and I'm sure the Wii versions are similar, am I correct?

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I own both games (in original).
I almost done with godfather. The game made me watch the three movies and I constantly returned to the game to finish every target and extort all the businesses.
Scarface in contrast, I just tested to see how gory it is going to be. Scarface seems to be fun too, but for now, I think Godfather is the better game. But I'll give scarface another chance when I finished Godfather 100% :-)

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I think godfather is a much better game. To me the atmosphear feels perfect, and the missions were more engaging...
Scarface is still pretty sick, how its got more cars, a radio, and other stuff but godfather is still too awesome.

oh, and I knew this was old, but its still a relevent question in todays game choices... I thought the same way, and scarface got better reviews but I had more fun with godfather...

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
scarface is better, just too bad the graphics are bad on a big screen , and no 480p ...
on my 29" CRT TV , it was my favorite. since i bought a 37" LCD , it looks like a flash game..

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the godfather on the Wii and ps2 was absolute trash, the film is good though, but scarface on the ps2 is far superior than the Wii version imo, the silly wiimote controls spoiled the game for me.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
the godfather on the Wii and ps2 was absolute trash, the film is good though, but scarface on the ps2 is far superior than the Wii version imo, the silly wiimote controls spoiled the game for me.
Hows it trash? Its one of the best wii games there are...
Surley if it was trash they wouldnt have re-released it to the wii and 360...

I've never seen the movie, so thats probly why..

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
.TakaM said:
I'm interested in these games, but I definitely won't get both.
Can anyone point out somethings that might make one game superior?
If you prefer one of the movies more, get the game tie in. If you don't have that, get Scarface if you want GTA gameplay and Godfather if you want more of a movie-like experience.

Although it was pretty cool seeing Tony get out alive at his mansion.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MADKATZ99 said:
Hows it trash? Its one of the best wii games there are...
Surley if it was trash they wouldnt have re-released it to the wii and 360...

I've never seen the movie, so thats probly why..

tacked on controls, repetitive missions, dull environments, poor graphics, i played both ps2 and Wii versions of godfather but still hated it, i tried to like it.

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Jun 9 2008, 12:08 PM) I'm interested in these games, but I definitely won't get both.
Can anyone point out somethings that might make one game superior?

as mentioned above about the godfather, but scarface is completely superior from the godfather for many reasons.

balls, balls, and more balls, drug money selling, stealing cars, great story and spot on like the film too, great action and shooting parts, the voice acting for tony montana is spot on (although it ain't the original voice it's good enough) avoid the wii version like the plague the controls are just horrible and spoiled it for me, the ps2 pad is much better imo or get it on the xbox if you have a 360 with backwards compatibility.

video review here for scarface

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
MADKATZ99 said:
Personally I think godfather is a much better game. To me the atmosphear feels perfect, and the missions were more engaging...
Scarface is still pretty sick, how its got more cars, a radio, and other stuff but godfather is still too awesome.

oh, and I knew this was old, but its still a relevent question in todays game choices... I thought the same way, and scarface got better reviews but I had more fun with godfather...

I totally agree. I think the old movie style in the game is wonderful. I haven not finish it yet though. Somehow Scarface felt a bit rough around the edges on some points.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone must have played a special version of godfather because the controls are anything but 'tacked on' as they're very well thought out and implemented fantastically overall. After playing that game I couldn't go back to dual analog same style stuff like GTA and so on. The aiming works like a charm, makes it easy to shimmy and peek around a wall and move into shooting, ducking away under stuff is nicer, camera is a hell of a lot faster and more precise, aiming the gun and firing in general is spot on not a dual stick battle, general navigation and hopping over stuff is a breeze too.

Godfather is truly slick on the Wii.

I wish I could say something about Scarface but I saw so many shitty reviews and comments by owners of it when it was new I ignored it. Perhaps one day I'll nab it used or new dirt cheap and form my own opinion but time and money have not allowed, and until this popped back up I forgot it existed.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played Scarface yet on any system, but I played The Godfather on both PS2 and Wii, and the controls in that game, once getting used to them, I couldn't ever pick up the PS2 version again. Probably one of my top 10 Wii games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...