Hacking scared to touch disc channel

WiihackingNoobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys im really scared to open my disc channel cause it says wii system update on it
unsure.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Yuan said:
Use modmii to install priiloader and enable disable disc updates.
I have priiloader blocking disc and online updates, but the other I went to the Internet and I still got a prompt if I wanted to carry out a system update...

The prompt will always appear, but will not allow it to be carried out even if you say yes? Or the prompt should not even appear?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
Yuan said:
I have priiloader blocking disc and online updates, but the other I went to the Internet and I still got a prompt if I wanted to carry out a system update...

The prompt will always appear, but will not allow it to be carried out even if you say yes? Or the prompt should not even appear?

Update your system through Modmii. Then Ninty can't complain, you're on the latest version.

EmbraceFiction

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fishaman P said:
pplucky said:
Yuan said:

Update your system through Modmii. Then Ninty can't complain, you're on the latest version.

Why would you do that?

You can surely just update your Shopping Channel, and you will get the update for the applications, without the system one.

Use ModMii to get the latest shopping channel.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pplucky said:
Yuan said:

Where exactly does this message appear? The only place I can think it occurs is the Shopping Channel.

If yes use Modmii/Dop-mii to update your shopping channel to v20 and this message will go away.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is normal for that prompt to appear in the system settings if you choose the update option, but even if you continue, it will just give you an error once the update starts.

If you're getting the error in the shop channel, then just use DOP-MII to get the latest shop channel without updating your wii.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
It is normal for that prompt to appear in the system settings if you choose the update option, but even if you continue, it will just give you an error once the update starts.

If you're getting the error in the shop channel, then just use DOP-MII to get the latest shop channel without updating your wii.
If you are blocking updates, why on earth would you click update in the settings menu?
Although I suppose some will, lol.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's okay to touch your disc channel, it's totally natural and won't harm your Wii or make you go blind.

You can also just use Neogamma (or Gecko if it's a legit disc) and skip all that. Enable the "move disc channel" hack. Get an autoboot channel for Neogamma, install it and move it to where your old disc channel was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol