OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonnl.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Notice: this program is not homebrew for the DS, it only uses homebrew (SavSender).

If you're not familiar with command in Windows (using NetCat) and you need to dump or restore a save file from a Nintendo DS Game Card, this program is the answer.
If you use SavSender many times, you already noticed you need NetCat or something else and need the command prompt, but what if you don't know how to use all this? Well, you're stuck... until now!

Using this program you're able to configure SavSender and dump/restore the save file in a GUI. Because this program still uses NetCat and it's almost not findable on the internet, NetCat is included in this zip-file. SavSender is not included, you need to download it from this site. The 2 files in the zip-file need to be placed in one folder, otherwise it won't work.

The program comes with a help function, please read it if you don't know what you're doing!
Also, if you have AntiVirus software, it may block NetCat. Please disable the software while using this program or create a custom rule to allow NetCat.

Good luck on dumping and restoring save files!
wink.gif

Download
You need Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to use my program, if you don't have it, download it here (x86, x64).

I made this program only, not NetCat or SavSender.
I'm not responsible if your games are damaged by using SavSender!

If there're problems, please post it here so I can fix it! (only if the problem is in the GUI, not NetCat or SavSender!)

Grovyle91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonnl.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I don't know, I just made this program myself because using commands everytime to set up NetCat...

And I have searched whole Google for the Windows port of NetCat... maybe the original is easy to find, but not this one. And I made a GUI for it so it's easier
wink.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
Anyone can find netcat on the internet...
It's actually harder than you might think. Very few places outside the original site mirrored the nc.exe file, and last time I checked I wasn't able to get archive.org to cooperate with me to grab the file. I finally realized I had uploaded a copy to my SavSender guide topic but users not logged into SCDev wouldn't have been able to download it.

As for its compatibility, it may not work quite as intended for some newer games, but for the most part it works fine.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I get a Auto-Protect on nc.exe, should I allow it? It's preventing me from extracting. I just want to be careful, I've got a virus before. Not fun.

Grovyle91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonnl.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mohammad said:
anything for macs?
No, I've no plans to make a program for Mac. I use VB.NET and C#, I just don't know how to create something for Mac.
wacko.gif

QUOTE(Devil May Cry @ Aug 27 2008, 10:03 AM) So if I get a Auto-Protect on nc.exe, should I allow it? It's preventing me from extracting. I just want to be careful, I've got a virus before. Not fun.
Yes, if you want more information about NetCat: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/secur...-120115-5633-99
NetCat listens to ports and also sends data through this port, this is the only reason why AntiVirus software is blocking it. It's safer to create a custom rule to allow it than shut down the whole Auto-Protect.

O, and I forget to mention this: you need Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, otherwise my program don't work.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grovyle91 said:
Mohammad said:
anything for macs?
No, I've no plans to make a program for Mac. I use VB.NET and C#, I just don't know how to create something for Mac.
wacko.gif

QUOTE(Devil May Cry @ Aug 27 2008, 10:03 AM) So if I get a Auto-Protect on nc.exe, should I allow it? It's preventing me from extracting. I just want to be careful, I've got a virus before. Not fun.
Yes, if you want more information about NetCat: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/secur...-120115-5633-99
NetCat listens to ports and also sends data through this port, this is the only reason why AntiVirus software is blocking it. It's safer to create a custom rule to allow it than shut down the whole Auto-Protect.

O, and I forget to mention this: you need Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, otherwise my program don't work.
I know what NetCat does, it's just when I downloaded a copy before, I didn't get that warning. How exactly do I make a custom rule for NetCat?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...