ROM Hack savsender

Hunter007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having some trouble with savsender and there's really not a lot of information on it that I could find to help solve my problem. Okay, I'll go in order...

The first problem I encountered was that it could not connect to the AP. Therefore, it failed. I then opened my ports (which I had forgotten to do.)

I set up the wifi settings using Mario Kart from my M3 Simply and saved them. I used a static IP and tested the connection. It established fine.

I created the config file as "savsender.conf", with the format

192.168.***

I then created a folder titled "DATA" and in that, "Settings", where I put the conf file.

I patched savsender-1.1.nds with the R4 DLDI and put it on the root of my card.

I go to command prompt after putting "nc.exe" on my desktop and type in "cd desktop". Then I type in "nc.exe -l -p 5000 > output.sav" and hit enter. I get a blinking cursor.

I then turn on my DS Lite, with the M3 Simply in and go to Game - where I click on "savsender-1.1.nds". It asks if I want to create a save file. I click ignore and it boots up.

It says "Welcome to savsender 1.1!" and that's it. The right light is blinking - I assume that's looking for a way to connect to my router. I have no idea what to do as it doesn't do anything further. No other text is displayed and it NEVER says "Cannot connect to AP" anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kegan

*- I'd really like figuring this out, because I have a Pokemon Pearl save on rental that I NEED because I don't want to start over. Everyone will tell me to use Pokesav, but since I can't get that to work...I'd prefer to figure it out this way. Thanks again.

Hunter007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was the fact that I had set up my DS wifi with a backed up game. I set it up using an original and found out that wasn't the problem. It connects fine to wifi using in game, but when it comes to homebrew it just won't connect. Keeps searching for the Access Point.

-Kegan

Hunter007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, well I can still exchange it. I think I'll do that and see if it works. Who knows it might be the reason. I'm heading out to do the exchange and will post results later.

-Kegan

Hunter007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got a new DS and at least it gives me an error. It says it can't connect to the AP and it aborts. That's at least some progress. I guess there's nothing left for me to do since it doesn't work.

Thanks anyway,

Kegan

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting. Funnily enough on my Japanese Enamel Navy DS Lite with original firmware 7 (according to Flashme) works fine with it. However, my older original UK launch DS Phat doesn't work, and gives no error message, just hangs on "Welcome to savsender"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)