Hacking Savsender hangs on welcomes screen

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have savsender 1.1 setup on my nds I have the config file and i patched the savsender.nds with the appropriate nds patch but when I run the nds file it hangs when it says Welcome to "savsender 1.1" it doesn't even try to read the conf file my ds does connect to my router using retail and backup games so I don't know what the problem is, any tips?

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched it myself after trying the normal one,I had the same problem with the non-patched one so I tried patching it with acekard dldi but there was no change so thats not the problem.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ninty_g said:
I patched it myself after trying the normal one,I had the same problem with the non-patched one so I tried patching it with acekard dldi but there was no change so thats not the problem.
AKAIO automatically DLDI patched homebrew if they need so no need to do that, thats just overkill. Try putting SavSender in the root of the SD card. Also make sure you have the data folder and everything.

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured that but i got sort of desperate lol, well I have the data folder in the root and inside I have the settings folder with savsender.conf file and I do have the savsender.nds file in the root but when I boot it hangs where it says welcome to savsender, the light does start blinking but there is no indication on the screen that is even trying to read the data folder.

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also tried the nds backup tool, it connects to the fps server but it doesnt recognize the sav fil or the nds file, it has the cartridge info on the bottom screen but it is incapable of ripping the sav or the rom and not just with pokemon I tried other cartridges as well, so if neither of these are working what are my other alternatives?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ninty_g said:
I also tried the nds backup tool, it connects to the fps server but it doesnt recognize the sav fil or the nds file, it has the cartridge info on the bottom screen but it is incapable of ripping the sav or the rom and not just with pokemon I tried other cartridges as well, so if neither of these are working what are my other alternatives?
I haven't a clue but going to back to SavSender, let me confirm this. On your MicroSD there was SD://data/settings/savsender.conf file (NOT savesender.conf.txt) which contained your computer's IP and a port to follow through with. Then on your computer you had a wireless connection with an FTP server like SmallFTP running. I just mimcked that and SavSender worked just fine.

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya well I tried both savreciever and ncat but see the thing is even if it wouldnt be able to connect wouldnt it indicate it on the screen? at least thats what ive gatherd from what ive read but for me that doesnt seem to be the case with me its like it freezes, I guess savsender just isn't compatible with my ds?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
use an unpatched homebrew
use the dldi file from the official firmware, just overwrite the akaio dldi file.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Problems

QUOTE said:
I am having issues with NDS homebrew freezing, what is wrong?
The AKAIO DLDI file may cause issues for some users. Until the DLDI can be fixed use the version found in the official firmware.

-another world

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well now I have my .sav file for platinum and its 256 kb I tried loading it that way I tried padding it I tried saving it in 512 kb using pokesav and I tried converting the sav file but whenever I try loading the sav it says that the save file was corrupt and has been deleted XD.

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how exactly would I do that? I know how to deactivate soft reset on the roms but when I press y on the homebrew app it just asks me if I want to create a shortcut

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I found the option but I cant disable it, it gives me two options irq hook swi hook I tried switching the option but with either option my save gets backup up corrupted....I now also tried the 3inbackup tool it backs up my save but when I load it up it gets deleted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.