Saving Obsession

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Ennis, May 21, 2016.

1. Ennis
    OP

Ennis Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    If there is one thing that I'm most paranoid about when playing a game, it's losing my progress. For as long as I can remember, I've obsessed myself over saving games multiple times consecutively, because the one time that's enough to actually save the game, isn't enough to convince me that I will be in the same place that I was before shutting down a console. Do you go through this as well?

2. Tex_McBladeSword

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    When I first discovered emulation I had this problem with save states. All of a sudden I could save
    anywhere, so for some reason I felt the need to save EVERYWHERE. Like, multiple times.

I finally got over it while playing one of the Mega Man Battle Network games. I dont remember the specifics,
    I ended up doing something I wasnt supposed to but my save state didnt go back far enough so I had to use my actual save which
    was near the beginning of the game

3. WiiU

WiiU Lurking in the Shadows

May 7, 2014
    Between worlds of Hyrule & Lorule
    With emulators I usually do it twice with quick ALT+F9 just in case.
    But then again i was usually obsessed with quick save that so much I did it every few seconds... it was so bad.
    Normal games I do it once, sometimes i check by seeing if it was there in the load section but that was only when i felt i did alot and was afraid to loose it all.
    Games like Half-life 2 asked just before you quit and i usally just clicked yes save the game