diehardfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,
I have a SuperCard Lite to go with my DS Lite. I am trying to play some NES games on it, Startropics 1 & 2. Right now I am just using the Supercard built in emulator to play the game. But, it does not save my progress, I do have a .sav file too.
Is there a setting? or I have to get another emulator?

Please help, without saving I can never finish this game.

Thanks

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, there's no way to save using the built in NES emulator. However, I think you might be able to save your progress by using the "real time save" feature on the Supercard.

diehardfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Dec 6 2006, 10:31 PM)]From what I understand, there's no way to save using the built in NES emulator. However, I think you might be able to save your progress by using the "real time save" feature on the Supercard.

Thanks for replying.
How do I do a "real time save"?

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nesDS (WIP) runs .sav files although it is not 100% compatible with all carts and SD cards. Make sure you find the (WIP) version though cause it is the most recently updated and supports SD cards.

diehardfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Dec 6 2006, 11:23 PM)]^ On the Supercard Lite I believe it's L + R + B + Select

Am I suppose to press this all together at one?? I have tried doing that and also one after the other, nothing happens. When am I suppose to press the above?

nesDS (WIP) runs .sav files although it is not 100% compatible with all carts and SD cards. Make sure you find the (WIP) version though cause it is the most recently updated and supports SD cards.

I just tried this, does not seem to load both Startropics 1 & 2, I get a white blinking top screen. I also have Tetris NES roms, they work fine.....

Any others?

Thanks

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you have to get pocketnes and compile a rom of it, after that run it through the supercard patcher... that way you can save with l + r + a + select or realitime save. Also you can fastswitch between the games...

diehardfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you have to get pocketnes and compile a rom of it, after that run it through the supercard patcher... that way you can save with l + r + a + select or realitime save. Also you can fastswitch between the games...

Thanks TheRocK for the advice.
Can you give me step by step instructions and where I can download compiler etc (caz. I find there are so many different version out there when it comes to rom stuff).

Thx

diehardfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you have to get pocketnes and compile a rom of it, after that run it through the supercard patcher... that way you can save with l + r + a + select or realitime save. Also you can fastswitch between the games...

Thanks TheRocK for the advice.
Can you give me step by step instructions and where I can download compiler etc (caz. I find there are so many different version out there when it comes to rom stuff).

Thx

please

diehardfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

TheRocK, I have tried dl Pocketnes from http://www.pocketnes.org/downloads.html and no clue what to do, please help.

Thanks

read what's on the page... you gotta put the roms together with one of the tools also provided in the download section from pocketnes.org

diehardfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
read what's on the page... you gotta put the roms together with one of the tools also provided in the download section from pocketnes.org

Thanks for replying.
Do u mean this one? "PocketNES SRAM Builder by Hoe for combining/removing PocketNES save states, go to Hoe's site download and more info"

I did download Download GBA ROM Builder 2.01 from the site, i really do not how to use, i played with it and keep getting errors.
if you do not mind showing me the steps on how to use this software I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, at least in earlier firmwares, you could save in nes games by just creating a filename.sav file of 64KB along the filename.nes file, then pressing the usual GBA-save-button combination in-game to save.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
make sure you have a save file named the same as the rom..

rom.nes
rom.sav

to save using any built in emulator on SC is a 3 step process

1) save in game as normally on a real cart
2) press (L+R) to get in the emulator menu, and choose save, even if it appears to do nothing
3) exit the emaulator emu (press 'b' don't use exit option) to get back to the game, now use the (L+R+SElect+A) combo to save to mem card

simple

superlanb0y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kinda new to this.....

I have a GB Micro with the SC Mini SD.

I've tried the methods above except rebuilding the rom.....

Will anything work to save your game on the original NES Zelda?

Thanks!

sumpm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, at least in earlier firmwares, you could save in nes games by just creating a filename.sav file of 64KB along the filename.nes file, then pressing the usual GBA-save-button combination in-game to save.

yeah, I believe that still works.

I tried these directions for NES, but SC realtime save, and regular memory card save do not work with the built in SC emulator. I am able to save stae from the emulator menu, which is nice. But the save state does not remain after I quit playing, so it is only good for the current session.

superlanb0y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried something and I think it works. lol I hate being a n00b at first....

I created a single .gba file from all my nes roms with the PocketNES rom builder.

I ran the finished .gba file through the Supercard patcher adding only the Saver Patch.

I use the emmulators save feature. When finished, I power on and off and chose to save to the SD card.

I was able to save multiple nes games within the emmulators save, and it all seems to be on the one .gba save file.

Perhaps if I patch it with the reset option, I can avoid having to power on and off??

1) Are people following what i'm trying to say....

2) Am I on the right path?

3) Am i talking out my a$$?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER