Hacking saving issue

twoweeks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2.1 that I bought from Digimartz. Yeah, I'm using the latest firmware, Akaio 1.6 rc2, I have the correct updated loaders, I've formatted my micro sd, I've done everything correctly and double, no, triple checked. Yet, my Acekard is constantly corrupting my save files or not saving at all.
For instance, whenever I run Pokemon HG/SS, my game freezes just as I am saving my game. Yes, I save every two minutes or less but even so, it screws up. And when it does, I'm greeted with the great news that my game will be erased due to corruption after restarting my game. I've tried Rudolph's patch as well but without success.
I tried to be patient but I'm growing more and more frustrated after trying countless suggestions from similar complaints. I already contacted Digimartz but I haven't received any reply for a refund/exchange.

Are there any suggestions on fixing this problem..? Like, if an update of the firmware should suffice as a fix or any other because I'm already considering buying an Acekard 2i, a different flashcart altogether or even buying the stupid game. Thank you.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should have read the forums, you Acekard is from the 'bad batch'.

The next release of AKAIO which is due soon will address the issue.

twoweeks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been keeping up with the forums and I have no doubt that my Acekard is from some batch of flawed cards. Yet, my card CAN run every game with the new firmware whereas I was told, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll rightfully apologize, that the infamous bad batch of cards cannot even run the the new update or get past that green loading screen without the old loader which I am not using. It's only saving that my card appears to be terribly incapable of and I'm trying to figure out what can be done in the meantime while patiently waiting for the next update or my refund.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
You're right, this is a completely different problem...
Maybe your cart is just defective. Not one of the bad batches, but just plain defective.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It could still quite easily be an issue with the bad batch, pretty much every recent Acekard 2.1 is known to suffer from it. Unless your AK2.1 is from an old batch it is likely to aswell, either that or it is from a 'new bad batch'.

Why don't you try official 4.07 with a few older games and see that still suffers with the save issues you are having.

Gunmaster51

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think your card could be fake or defective. But I'm certain its not from "the bad batch". I had one of those cards and it couldn't even load AKAIO 1.6.

tony.taylor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if off-topic, but I bought some cards from Digimartz, bundled with 2Gb micro SD cards. The 2Gb cards were all fake cards which corrupted anything over the 128Mb mark. Their customer service (via "Sophie") replies were REALLY rude.

You might want to check your micro SD cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts