Hacking Saving Cube games on Wii SD card sound Feasible?

ciama81

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I been wondering lately if i could wire the contacts of the gamecube's memory card slot to the Wii's SD contacts.

It would kinda be like making a custom sd memory card for the cube, except you would use the Wii's card slot still intact. Since the memory cards are always in one mode or the other (Wii or Cube), I don't see how it would be a problem to just have an SD card in the SD slot, so you could save to the SD card in Cube mode without any Cube memory cards sticking out of the system.

Does anyone know why this wouldn't work?

ciama81

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really? I thought Ninty made an SD adaptor. That would be a good reason why it wouldn't work then
wink.gif

kow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

As long as both card slots are truly never accessed when in either mode it should work just fine.

ciama81

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this would go sweet along with stealthing the wavebird adaptor in the other thread. Total Cube access with nothing sticking out of your Wii!

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? I thought Ninty made an SD adaptor. That would be a good reason why it wouldn't work then
wink.gif
Even the Nintendo SD-slot GameCube memory card doesn't allow you to save games to it. It was only for some specific games, like Animal Crossing. So unfortunately your idea won't work if your goal is saving GC games.

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really?  I thought Ninty made an SD adaptor.  That would be a good reason why it wouldn't work then
wink.gif

Even the Nintendo SD-slot GameCube memory card doesn't allow you to save games to it. It was only for some specific games, like Animal Crossing. So unfortunately your idea won't work if your goal is saving GC games.

that's right, but you could use the Wii SD Reader as the SD Gecko for gamecube and then use it for gamecube homebrew

ciama81

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really?  I thought Ninty made an SD adaptor.  That would be a good reason why it wouldn't work then
wink.gif

that's right, but you could use the Wii SD Reader as the SD Gecko for gamecube and then use it for gamecube homebrew

Thanks for clearing that up for me everyone. though using it like the gecko for cube brew & emulators could be cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ