Votes: 34 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted User

GameGeek said:
I have the boot.dol file in the correct path, yet whenever I run the forwarder channel posted by jj-kwik, my Wii freezes at the "Savegame Manager GX is loading" screen. Could it be because I'm missing the boot.elf file? If so, where do I get this file?
It should work with the boot.dol file. Try running it from another forwarder (WiiMC one, or NForwarder58), because that channel is not using the official forwarder if I'm not wrong. So, try with those forwarders. Maybe you're missing IOS249 or something, I'm not sure. At least, it's not because the .elf file, I'm sure about this.

--------------------------------------------

This could be useful for the people still using r98:

Spanish for r98: Link.
Sorry for being freaking late with this.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm freaking out here.

I bought a red Wii , transferred my saves from the old Wii using Savegame Manager GX to SD card. Now I can't transfer them to the new Wii. I know I have to start the game a make a save before transferring the old one but I tried and doesn't work. It shows a blue disc with a red X next to it.

Please help. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using R098 right now. But I transferred the saves from the old Wii using a different rev which I don't remember.
And using the .dol in the previous page doesn't work. It shows my saves as folders.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
hrth.gif

Here's what I did wrong. I had an outdated SGMgx on my SD card. I used it to copy my saves from the old Wii to the SD card. Now before transferring my saves to the new Wii, I updated SGMgx to the latest rev (R098.dol). And that's what I did wrong, turns out I have to transfer my saves back using the SAME version I used to copy them to the SD card. The rev I was using was R086.dol!
grog.gif

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
BJx1994 said:
GameGeek said:
I have the boot.dol file in the correct path, yet whenever I run the forwarder channel posted by jj-kwik, my Wii freezes at the "Savegame Manager GX is loading" screen. Could it be because I'm missing the boot.elf file? If so, where do I get this file?
It should work with the boot.dol file. Try running it from another forwarder (WiiMC one, or NForwarder58), because that channel is not using the official forwarder if I'm not wrong. So, try with those forwarders. Maybe you're missing IOS249 or something, I'm not sure. At least, it's not because the .elf file, I'm sure about this.
I already tried NForwarder58 before and only got a error screen, but didn't consider the WiiMC forwarder channel. So I tried it today... and it worked! Finally!
grog.gif

Thanks for your help
yay.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bnm81002 said:
I installed a forwarder channel but it just goes back to the system menu when I enter the channel, what could be wrong?
Which one have you installed? Maybe you don't have the needed IOS installed, the forwarder can't find the file because it's looking to the wrong path and your SD or USB HDD is incompatible.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
bnm81002 said:
I installed a forwarder channel but it just goes back to the system menu when I enter the channel, what could be wrong?
Which one have you installed? Maybe you don't have the needed IOS installed, the forwarder can't find the file because it's looking to the wrong path and your SD or USB HDD is incompatible.

I got it back in June of 2010, which IOS is needed? can I PM you the wad for you to look at? thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bnm81002 said:
I got it back in June of 2010, which IOS is needed? can I PM you the wad for you to look at? thanks
Would be nice to have the wad, can you also give me the site where you got it?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
bnm81002 said:
Would be nice to have the wad, can you also give me the site where you got it?

actually it's in this thread lol, page 29 the very first post on the page, saw that the folder have a different name for the forwarder channel than the one that was extracted from,
nope still didn't work after changing the folder's name, it stays frozen on the channel

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bnm81002 said:
actually it's in this thread lol, page 29 the very first post on the page, saw that the folder have a different name for the forwarder channel than the one that was extracted from
Well, I don't know which forwarder source it's using, and it also doesn't work for me
laugh.gif
, so here is the wad with the official forwarder dol inserted:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25620767/SaveGame%...%20-%20SGMJ.wad

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I made a SaveGameManagerGX v9 forwarder channel awhile back but never got around to posting it anywhere

here's the download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?u1so54rwq6bo4sf

It forwards to:
SD+USB:\apps\SaveGameManagerGX\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\SaveGameManagerGX\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps_utilities\SaveGameManagerGX\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps_utilities\SaveGameManagerGX\boot.elf

It has all the features of your typical v9 forwarder and requires IOS58 installed on the Wii.

Original v9 forwarder code by FIX94 and graphics work by pepxl

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
bnm81002 said:
actually it's in this thread lol, page 29 the very first post on the page, saw that the folder have a different name for the forwarder channel than the one that was extracted from
Well, I don't know which forwarder source it's using, and it also doesn't work for me
laugh.gif
, so here is the wad with the official forwarder dol inserted:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25620767/SaveGame%...%20-%20SGMJ.wad

which folder name would it be using for the path? thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bnm81002 said:
YES it worked thanks for the solution
No problem, great to hear that it works and that you was able to download the file because I am new to dropbox and I was not sure if the file was uploaded correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Heyyyy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the baker appears
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so i signed up for a library takeout box a few weeks ago, and a couple weeks ago i got the takeout box
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    now stick with me
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i got a small bag of fritos, a tea bag of earl gray, a sticker of pixelated pepe the frog, a blue pair of sunglasses, and 2 books
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teabag the fritos
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    one was a book called gone which is about everyone 15 or older suddenly fucking disappearing, and the other was fucking delicious in dungeon/dungeon meshi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr i started reading dungeon meshi bc it was in a surprise box from my library, and i will try making one of the recipes from it, substituting the dungeon/fantasy ingredients for real world equivalents (like replacing basilisk with chicken)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No substituting allowed.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BakerMan I got barometz. Do you want some?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    27th is going to be good entertainment first presidential debate
    Biden drools, Trump grabs them by the pussy.... Ughh lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Felon VS Meth overlord who will win
    My date tonight has 34 H boobs 🥰
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden trips walking on stage rush to hospital Trump sneakingly lays Legos around Biden potum
    Lol I want them to play board games against each other
    Checkers, Monopoly, connect four lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No matter, afterwards Trump will claim he won, and Biden won't even remember what happened or who he is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say