Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read you plan on adding the ability to install and extract multiple files, I for one can't wait! I've got almost 100 saves I need to move from one wii to another and have not found an easy way to accomplish this yet.

Rippig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with the newest version R58. It takes a really long time to load (if it loads at all) and when it does load, I can't transfer my Final Fantasy IV The After Years save from my sd card to the wii (Yes there is already a save file on the wii nand). Is this because it is a wiiware save game? All of my other saves worked fine.

Edit: NM, holy crap I'm dumb, I had my USB drive in at the same time. For some reason it was trying to read the USB drive first? So it just got stuck. That's why it would just black screen (there is no savegame directory on the USB drive). Also my Final Fantasy IV The After Years save worked this time too, must have been trying to read off the USB drive. Still doesn't explain why my other saves worked though.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dj_skual said:
@wiixale
have you tried to delete your old config file?

Thanks, I tried and everything worked.
wink.gif

Just a note: I deleted the config file through WiiXplorer, then, always using it, I run SaveGame Manager GX, went into the Settings (by the way, I found it in Italian: if the config file is deleted, doesn't it return to default-app language?), went into GUI Settings and the app freezed on the background screen (with the background music playing).
Then I tried to run it normally (ie. through the HBC) and it worked.

Why?

Another thing: I noticed that some of my savegames have a red "X" on their icon, and I found out it's because I deleted them on my Wii (I did it to save space).
Why does this happen? I deleted them through the Wii menu, so I do not understand why their ticket/TMD (I don't know what-is-what) has been deleted.
I do not understand also because the Twilight Hack worked exploiting the "slot" the game creates with an initial saving, so, following this principle, even the savegames I've extracted and then deleted, should be reinstalled without problems.
wacko.gif

I'm a bit confused.
unsure.gif

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
wiixale said:
Just a note: I deleted the config file through WiiXplorer, then, always using it, I run SaveGame Manager GX, went into the Settings (by the way, I found it in Italian: if the config file is deleted, doesn't it return to default-app language?), went into GUI Settings and the app freezed on the background screen (with the background music playing).
Then I tried to run it normally (ie. through the HBC) and it worked.

Why?
ok
normal for language cause, the app look about the wii language setting and load that by default

about the freeze, can't figure why, have tried to reproduce but all work good for me

QUOTEAnother thing: I noticed that some of my savegames have a red "X" on their icon, and I found out it's because I deleted them on my Wii (I did it to save space).
Why does this happen? I deleted them through the Wii menu, so I do not understand why their ticket/TMD (I don't know what-is-what) has been deleted.
I do not understand also because the Twilight Hack worked exploiting the "slot" the game creates with an initial saving, so, following this principle, even the savegames I've extracted and then deleted, should be reinstalled without problems.
wacko.gif

I'm a bit confused.
unsure.gif

it's cause by the savemanagement implemented by waninkoko.
but perhaps , in future, if can found why he wan't install if the save are not already installed

about twilight hack, remember you manage the save by the wii and the format of the save is a wii save format, not a decompressed save like managed in sagame manager
wink.gif

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
DGenerateKane said:
I read you plan on adding the ability to install and extract multiple files, I for one can't wait! I've got almost 100 saves I need to move from one wii to another and have not found an easy way to accomplish this yet.

will see in near future to implement the fonction and create a "All SaveManage Prompt" to help you asap
but i'm working on a difficult task for now!!!
so perhaps after...

wait and see
wink.gif

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Rippig said:
I'm having a problem with the newest version R58. It takes a really long time to load (if it loads at all) and when it does load, I can't transfer my Final Fantasy IV The After Years save from my sd card to the wii (Yes there is already a save file on the wii nand). Is this because it is a wiiware save game? All of my other saves worked fine.

Edit: NM, holy crap I'm dumb, I had my USB drive in at the same time. For some reason it was trying to read the USB drive first? So it just got stuck. That's why it would just black screen (there is no savegame directory on the USB drive). Also my Final Fantasy IV The After Years save worked this time too, must have been trying to read off the USB drive. Still doesn't explain why my other saves worked though.

perhaps a little hard drive compatibility problem
note your HDD type ands ask other people if encountered the same prob with this hard drive

Rippig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dj_skual said:
Rippig said:

perhaps a little hard drive compatibility problem
note your HDD type ands ask other people if encountered the same prob with this hard drive

It probably is, my HDD isn't recognized by the homebrew channel or many home brew apps, but it works fine as a FAT32 mount with a WBFS folder for CFG USB Loader. Pretty strange how that works, but *shrugs*. Kinda like how my SDHC is recognized by the homebrew channel, but I can't use it to install wads or use it for some apps.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dj_skual said:
about the freeze, can't figure why, have tried to reproduce but all work good for me

I should re-try with the config file deleted (or renamed) and running the app throught WiiXplorer.

QUOTE(dj_skual @ Apr 18 2010, 04:59 PM) it's cause by the savemanagement implemented by waninkoko.
but perhaps , in future, if can found why he wan't install if the save are not already installed

about twilight hack, remember you manage the save by the wii and the format of the save is a wii save format, not a decompressed save like managed in sagame manager
wink.gif

Mmh, I understand. Hope this behaviour will be changed, because it's a bit annoying...
frown.gif

Skual, another question: can you make the app rebooting after updating, like WiiXplorer, or do you think that people should update the program after using it, so that there is no need to re-open it?

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Italian translation for r59 ready and tested.

Just few notes: I tried the new changelog function, and it worked the second time I requested to view the changelog (first time stuck at rev54-section).
The second note is about the Home Menu accessed via the Home button on the WiiMote. Until rev58, when I passed the hand icon on the "Homebrew Channel" button, the writing appeared on two lines; now, there are two writings overlapped, one on one line, the other on two lines. If you want a screenshot, just tell me.

P.S. I tried to boot SaveGame Manager GX from WiiXplorer, with and without config file. No problems at all, probably was just a case.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Fox888 said:
Here Is A Danish Language File For R59

http://www.mediafire.com/?n5tnezzmniy
thx
wink.gif

wiixale said:
Skual, another question: can you make the app rebooting after updating, like WiiXplorer, or do you think that people should update the program after using it, so that there is no need to re-open it?
already planed

Gvaz said:
The gui looks really nice
thx

QUOTE(wiixale @ Apr 19 2010, 09:47 PM)
Italian translation for r59 ready and tested.

Just few notes: I tried the new changelog function, and it worked the second time I requested to view the changelog (first time stuck at rev54-section).
The second note is about the Home Menu accessed via the Home button on the WiiMote. Until rev58, when I passed the hand icon on the "Homebrew Channel" button, the writing appeared on two lines; now, there are two writings overlapped, one on one line, the other on two lines. If you want a screenshot, just tell me.

P.S. I tried to boot SaveGame Manager GX from WiiXplorer, with and without config file. No problems at all, probably was just a case.
thx for file, test and report

Edit: the homebrew channel button will be fixed in next rev (due to a bad condition in gui_text)
thanks for your report
wink.gif

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hosigumayuugi said:
"Press A on each Wii Remote in the desired player order..."
is also overlapped.

Uh, I'm thinking: what is this command about? Why do I need to use more than a Wiimote on Savegame Manager GX?
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back