Hardware Save those DSi XLs. (Possible normal DSis as well.)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olfsi_020411-1.jpg

If you trade in your DSi XL, toward the purchase of a 3DS they'll give you $100's for it. You might be able to get a better deal on eBAY/Craigslist but I figured people might wanna see this. I'm buying it full price, so this doesn't affect me.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I find it quite stupid, because you're basically selling a DSi XL to them for 100$.
When I could sell it elsewhere for a higher price
tongue.gif

Anyways, thanks for letting us know.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jonesman99 said:
GameStop is a ripoff, and everyone knows it.
Not as a ripoff as majority of singapore gameshops, which charges more than US$350 for an xbox kinect set and more than US$200 for a dsixl.
frown.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jonesman99 said:
GameStop is a ripoff, and everyone knows it.
Not as a ripoff as majority of singapore gameshops, which charges more than US$300 for an xbox kinect set -.-

Edit: my bad, multiple post

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heck, I'll actually get one more DSi XL when 3DS comes out (bet online price will drop).

I love my DSi XL, no way I'll trade it for a 3DS.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
olfsi_020411-1.jpg

If you trade in your DSi XL, toward the purchase of a 3DS they'll give you $100's for it. You might be able to get a better deal on eBAY/Craigslist but I figured people might wanna see this. I'm buying it full price, so this doesn't affect me.

Word of warning, do NOT sell your DSi if you have any DSiware that you want to transfer. The transfer service won't be available until May and it's very likely you will need your DSi in order to do the transfer.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Rockym said:
Word of warning, do NOT sell your DSi if you have any DSiware that you want to transfer. The transfer service won't be available until May and it's very likely you will need your DSi in order to do the transfer.

The Gamestop offer ends on 03.06.11, which is weeks before the 3DS gets released anywhere outside of Japan, let alone months before Nintendo may have the service up and running. Pretty much means Gamestop wants you to sacrifice not just the device, but anything you downloaded to it for that lousy $100 off. They may have another trade-in later (for store credit), and while I doubt it will be for the amount they are willing to part with as of right now, the DSiWare you keep at that time may offset it.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you................I'll keep mines...!
No way I'd sell it.
First of all , it's still brand new, and also there will be no improvement to play DSi games on the 3DS ( like the XL is an improvement over the DSL ).
If anything, the 3DS it's a downgrade (smaller screen, letter boxed display and reduced battery life ) when it comes to play plain DS games.
Of course I'll get a 3DS, but strictly to play 3DS games and maybe some VC games.
To me , the XL is still the definitive incarnation of the DS line of handhelds.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Rydian said:
chris888222 said:
How I wish I live in the US! Singapore's games are always heavily overpriced!!
Perhaps you can get somebody in the US/UK to buy and mail them to you?
UK - most DS consoles and games here are imported from the US (as well as the future 3DS), so if a game has region lock, that wouldn't be nice.

US - I need a new charger and pay for shipping rates if I were to get it here. Added altogether and it will only be about $10 cheaper than the ones sold here. What for the fuss?

That's why I say how I wish in the US. I bet life there is lesser hectic as well
frown.gif

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm taking them up on this deal. I got my XL for free and there's no DSiWare on it. I've also been trying to sell it on craigslist but no one will pay more than $100.

$150 is an amazing price for what you get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: