Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

SuchATroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few games I recommend people start logging (I'm sorry, can't do it myself)

Dr. Mario RX Online
Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean: Blue World
Excitebots: Trick Racing
Mario Strikers Charged
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

Red Joker

GBATEMPer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't think I can use wireshark, lol. I'm confused with it. :wacko:
Can I use Wiimms DNS server instead?
I have TvC and Castlevania Judgement. But I don't think I can find anyone on the net.
Anyone want to log with me?

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today we need to really need to actually get some dumps. I don't have a Wii, so I guess I'll be getting dolphin and setting it up. If possible I'd like to try my best to get a simple dump of atleast everything missing.

If someone wants to PM me I'll give my skype and info and we can get together and play some Wii ISOs. Hopefully someone experienced in the wireshark packet sniffing process.

makarios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have seen several cue stick attachments. Apparently some are better than others. I don't know which ones though. If get one, will let you know. I will get Cuesports tomorrow and perhaps we can give it a try if you are around. Does it need friend codes?

I'll be around more on the 19th, my day is fairly jammed-up today. Yes it uses FriendCodes, here is mine for CueSports: 4769-3559-8773

A few games I recommend people start logging (I'm sorry, can't do it myself)

Dr. Mario RX Online
Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean: Blue World
Excitebots: Trick Racing
Mario Strikers Charged
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

If I can find my Endless Ocean disc, I'll do it tomorrow. Getting down to the wire, the final 48 hours! :blink:

~makarios~

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes games that need leaderboards need captures as well. I know Rockband 3 has been captured, and I hope someone can get captures for Fishing Resort. That uses leaderboards as well.

makarios
I will let you know what the friend code is after I get the game. Should be later today.

@Red Joker
Wimm pulled down his capture server last I heard as I needed it for other parts of the project. If you have a DD-WRT flashed router you can do packet captures with that.

The other 'possible' option is to use the dolphin emmulator and say Microsoft's Network Analizer that is simpler and will capture your computer's traffic easily. But of course it may take a while to get backup copies of all your games so you can run them on Dolphin. If you have a softmod wii and use a HD/usb loader then not hard at all and you only have to plug that drive in and point Dolphin to it. :)

@SuchATroll,

I agree with both Endless Ocean games, and I don't think anyone has done full dumps for it yet. I am trying but I think my card is having issues. I am going to try rigging up a new router and see if I can do dumps with it. But don't wait for me, if anyone can do dumps PLEASE do. It is up to us to save the games. :)

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
A little summary:

Working games are:
* Animal Crossing Wii
* Mario Kart Wii
* Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (global races only)
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl

At the moments some guys try to run
* Mario Striker Charged
* Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - 2011

Here is a list of games, that are currently supported by the DB system:
* http://nas.wiimmfi.de/stat#game

In the next week I have only a little bit time to help, because my business is calling me. So if you need my help, be very specific and tell me so exact as possible, what my server does wrong.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having problems trying add their codes via http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/ ? It keeps telling me some inputs incorrect. But I used the title code from GTDB and I know I don't have a error in the friend codes. Tried several different games and codes, so far none of them have been accepted.

Never mind, got it. I should have posted it on Wiimm's board anyway. :/

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something interesting I was wondering about.

One of the Puyo games for DS has crossplay with the Wii version.

I was wondering, would that work on the server?

Yes games that need leaderboards need captures as well. I know Rockband 3 has been captured, and I hope someone can get captures for Fishing Resort. That uses leaderboards as well.
How do you capture for leaderboards? Just have it set up and then submit a score and browse the leaderboards for awhile?

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This whole thing is really confusing in that it isn't 100% clear certain vital things for lay-users to contribute.

I'm not sure what games are peer-2-peer and which require some packet dumps.

I get a feeling that come May 20 we'll be missing many packet dumps when I sort of hope we could accomplish a full set before the date. I'd really like to help but the info isn't exactly the clearest.

Asfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, no one got packets for the two pokemon games on the wii, pokemon battle revolution or my pokemon ranch. I tried but dolphin has been acting up for me recently.

Darkshade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, no one got packets for the two pokemon games on the wii, pokemon battle revolution or my pokemon ranch. I tried but dolphin has been acting up for me recently.

I attempted to get packets for both of the above, and the three Mystery Dungeon WiiWare games (Please, nobody leave these out, they're already obscure enough without the special missions being lost forever to history).

But sadly my router is godawful, and it's just not going to happen.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something interesting I was wondering about.

One of the Puyo games for DS has crossplay with the Wii version.

I was wondering, would that work on the server?

How do you capture for leaderboards? Just have it set up and then submit a score and browse the leaderboards for awhile?
Yep. I would create a new account/player/whatever then browse the leader boards. Also add/delete friends if that game allows it (although for leaderboard games I don't think that applies, at least never saw one with friend codes too).

As for what do to capture packets, start your packet capture, create new character/player/whaever this generates a new friend/account code (and you want this captured), connect to mulitplayer, then add and remove players friend codes (add two or three then remove them), also mute and unmute if that option is given. Play a game/start a match. Play one. Start another one but exit out early. Close the connection (log out of the wifi gate, most multiplayer games allow this..if it don't then don't worry about it). And you probably have all the data needed. Also make sure you either have a quiet network or filter out everything but your Wii traffic. :)

Nintendo's servers are just the lobby, or a access point to match people up. After that they turn everything over the wii for direct connections. All the game data doesn't go though their servers. Which makes it a whole lot easier to replace their servers. We just need to get the lobby built which is fairly simple. But each game can use their own method of lobby/matching players which we need to find out how they do it. Sometimes it can be reverse engineered after the fact, but it is a WHOLE HECK of a lot HARDER. And often just is not feasible.

Reactions: daicon

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to get packets for both of the above, and the three Mystery Dungeon WiiWare games (Please, nobody leave these out, they're already obscure enough without the special missions being lost forever to history).

But sadly my router is godawful, and it's just not going to happen.
Mystery Dungeon? Sounds interesting. Goes to show its obscurity, I never heard of it.

Darkshade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mystery Dungeon? Sounds interesting. Goes to show its obscurity, I never heard of it.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Mystery_Dungeon_(WiiWare)

It is possible to install the channels upon Region Free patching them, (IOS53, IOS55, IOS60 and IOS61).
And I believe to play them, you were required to change your Wii's screen settings to 50ghz.

Having only been released in Japan via WiiWare for 1200 points, and the trouble people have setting them up on a modded wii, they're rarely mentioned anywhere.

They do however contain features that allow you to download certain missions over Wi-Fi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.