Homebrew Save Miiverse... or another alternative

Would you like to see Miiverse continue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Aw man, nobody has mentioned Closedverse yet????? https://closedverse.ariankordi.net/
We've been working on this and its predecessor Openverse together since January, it's finished and if we wanted to add 3DS/Wii U clients and/or all the old Miiverse communities we totally could. Is this the kind of thing you wanted?

It seems really nice and well done! I hope that hackers/homebrew creators merge it inside wii u and 3ds and substitute, totally, miiverse.

Why does have a sad face there tho?

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems really nice and well done! I hope that hackers/homebrew creators merge it inside wii u and 3ds and substitute, totally, miiverse.

It's the sequel to Openverse, my older and buggier social network with a happier face, and it just stayed that way. We plan to rebrand back to the Openverse name/logo soon, though.

Reactions: Perfect One

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 99102 I'm one of those people that actually really likes Miiverse, I quite like the moderation there too, harsh as it may be at times.
As such I'm gutted that Miiverse has been deemed unworthy to continue, so much so I started a petition at change.org/p/Nintendo-Save-Miiverse
Somebody there suggested the homebrew community as somewhere that people may be interested in reverse engineering the platform.

Is this possible? Is someone able to explain more?
I'm pretty ignorant about such things but would love to see Miiverse continue
So many threads on the same subject!

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's the sequel to Openverse, my older and buggier social network with a happier face, and it just stayed that way. We plan to rebrand back to the Openverse name/logo soon, though.

I hope that sad face change to something better (like a happy face? =3) and i just had sign up on it! =D

I hope to see it inside wii u and 3ds as the official social network, hehe!

Reactions: PF2M

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@PF2M
Slim chance. Tried it on my Wii U, doesn't work. I tried to sign up and it shows this wierd HTML code saying I disabled cookies so it won't work, though the Wii U does download and store cookies. Probably not gonna work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aw man, nobody has mentioned Closedverse yet????? https://closedverse.ariankordi.net/
We've been working on this and its predecessor Openverse together since January, it's finished and if we wanted to add 3DS/Wii U clients and/or all the old Miiverse communities we totally could. Is this the kind of thing you wanted?
YES! We do! Now tell all the rats which made Miiverse even worse (that rhymes!) by terrorizing every single verified user begging them to save Miiverse because they have no friends.

Reactions: PF2M

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't mind seeing Miiverse continue. But I'd like the 30 post limit to be removed. Even though there was quite a bit of cringe in the Pokémon communities it was a great way to find people to play with (trading and battling, not mary sue "Pokéhuman" roleplays).

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Dj-Pickle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I admire the work done to closedverse, the only problem (for me) is the lack of moderation which makes it quite crude in regard language.
It’s just something I don’t like, one of the things that Miiverse had right it was very pc.

I realise that it’s not a problem for 99% of users.

Maxentius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admire the work done to closedverse, the only problem (for me) is the lack of moderation which makes it quite crude in regard language.
It’s just something I don’t like, one of the things that Miiverse had right it was very pc.

I realise that it’s not a problem for 99% of users.
I'm pretty sure we're talking 70% of users, actually.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Too Many rules*
Sounds like those kids that ruined Miiverse with their FNAF RPs and their gf hunting.
Japanese miiverse final hours: Lots of amazing drawings.
Americas miiverse: Penises, spoiler trollings, asking for friend codes and social media accounts.

Makes you wonder how bad this generation has become.

Last edited by Pachee,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Japanese miiverse final hours: Lots of amazing drawings.
Americas miiverse: Penises, spoiler trollings, asking for friend codes and social media accounts.

Makes you wonder how bad this generation has become.
Miiverse final hours? more like Miiverse in general i'm glad its dead now.

Reactions: Brawl345
D

Deleted User

What would be the cleanest way to get a Wii U to use and accept a new Miiverse server?
It would probably be like how updates are blocked on your console; via a DNS or Proxy server that changes the IP address of the target server when the console tries to connect to Miiverse.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As it appears to be down at the moment, I want to know something. Does it have color? That's one thing I always missed in Miiverse.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y