Gaming Save File Decryptor/Re-Encryptor?

HyLoRule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I'm hope many of you know, with an official 3DS using officially downloaded games, ie not a emulator or required hard copy of the game, the original save file information the games use sits on the SD card under the game's number ID or the backup folder if you use the back up & restore features of the 3DS's software.

These files appear to use the standard Nintendo-encryption format (and the wiki explains it) and people have posted tools before such as the 3DSExplorer (apparently depreciated), the 3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.4 (every thread ever links to hostfile.com which expired years ago), or ctrtool. But With ctrtool I have no clue if it even works on windows or what to do with the files if it's supposed to.
Link: https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/tree/master/ctrtool

I'd like to remove the encryption just so I can tinker with my saved information directly using a binary editor then reencrypt the file and see of I can "hack" some values. Does anyone have a program to help?
Firmware 11.0.2.35U if that makes a difference in the file's encryption.

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't with a stock system since you don't have the keys to decrypt with. You need homebrew or CFW.

HyLoRule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean this?

(You need to downgrade before being able to install it)
How do I downgrade my firmware if the 3ds isn't hacked in the first place? It seems like that if I attempt some kind of global reset I won't be able to redownload the games until I fully patch...

You can't with a stock system since you don't have the keys to decrypt with. You need homebrew or CFW.
I cannot get homebrew to work, at all, so I'll look into CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo