Save file corruption?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by miketh2005, Aug 24, 2009.

Aug 24, 2009

Save file corruption? by miketh2005 at 8:55 PM (815 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. miketh2005
    OP

Member miketh2005 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello. I had just finished playing Blue Dragon IV, it had saved and I turned it off the proper way. I went and took a shower. Came back and opened the game and went to continue game and my save file was gone! I was like WTH! Good thing I just started the game, only on 3rd level. So I went back and played to where I left off again and I saved. Came back and my save wasn't there! It was working fine just last night when I started to play it.

Also, I went to play Chrono Trigger instead. I was on 2nd to last level. (I just had to do side quests) I went to continue, and it says: "Corrupted save file detected. Press A Button or touch the Touch Screen to delete all corrupted files." I just turned the power off cause I didn't want it to delete it. Everything else works, the games work and everything. It's just the saves on those 2 games. The latest games I played. I've been playing Chrono Trigger for the past month now, and I just started to play Blue Dragon IV last night. As far as I know, no other save files of any other game on my card is corrupted. (I tried about 3 games I played before and had a save on)

Here is the link to download the .sav file for Chrono Trigger. If it helps any. There was no .save file for blue dragon. It seems the game just won't save it?

http://www.plunder.com/3055-Chrono-Trigger...-e5cbc1e92a.htm

I have installed cyclods beta5 to see if this would resolve the problem and it did not. I had the latest stable release beforehand.

Please help me with this puzzling problem. I hope I don't have to restart Chrono from the beginning =(. Blue dragon I don't care. I can play that on it's normal cart I bought.

I backed up my files and reformatted my card and now Blue Dragon saves! woot! but my save file on chrono trigger is still corrupted! can someone PLEASE fix it!

2. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    you have to start from the begginning. you should frequently back up your saves onto your comp.

3. miketh2005
    OP

Member miketh2005 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT CAN'T BE! There's no way I will do that!

4. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    You could cheats to speed it up and change all your stats and stuff to what they were before you lost them.

But yah backup your saves alot.