Hacking Save export question - Gateway / MH4U

itsamario2015

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be getting my MH4 edition New 3DS this weekend and I don't have any intention of waiting for Gateway to release N3DS support before I begin playing.

Here's the question:
If I begin playing my preinstalled copy of MH4U on an unmodified sysnand, is there any way to export this save and later use it on emunand when Gateway support is finally released?

I understand savedatafiler can export the save, but the thing I am not clear on is the fact that it will be using the newest save encryption while I'm playing on sysnand, and my understanding is Gateway uses its own implementation of save encryption that is not cross compatible. My concern is once emunand is released when I import my save it won't work. Can anyone clarify this example for me? Please no speculation, only reply if you have a firm understanding of the current and past states of the 3DS save environments.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Save encryption in retail games is done by the sysnand, in theory you could pass on the save using savedatafiler, I did it with all of my retail eshop games before I sold my old 3ds xl, just remember that of nintendo drops a day 1 update you won't be able to play online because you cannot access the eshop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)