Suggestion save editor for diablo 3

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by kodithephenom, Oct 29, 2018.

1. tkmremi

tkmremi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    France
    Yeahhh , thanks for making this !

2. Coreinsaity

Coreinsaity Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2018
    United States

Ah man, the save is just in protobuffers? When I get my switch, hopefully it's modable, I might try my hand at that too.

3. Shirakani

Shirakani Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2006
    Japan
    Great news about doing an editor from scratch... That CKY editor may be the oldest around but they're really getting away with murder charging ppl $30 PER MONTH to use the stupid thing.

High time someone jammed a massive phallic object in their mouths.

4. SpaceMonkeh

SpaceMonkeh Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Would be amazing to have a proper one! The $30 one is garbage for switch.

5. Shirakani

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2006
    Japan
    Great work on these saves and thanks for share, much appreciated that you've made varying options :)

Just a curiousity question tho, why only 1m bounty mats instead of 10m? Is this the max cap?

SpongyLesbian likes this.
  6. kerelenko

kerelenko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    United States
    During my test I encountered some corruption errors. I do not know the exact max values for mats so I had to lower it. It seems to fix the save corruption issues.
    Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

7. JoshDevious

JoshDevious Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2007
    United States
    I think whatever a new tool does, a main feature should be the unlocking of cosmetic items wings/pennants/pets etc, they are all in the game files.

8. Shirakani

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2006
    Japan
    ^^^ Agreed. We were largely focusing on the essential base gameplay first. Now that that seems to have been achieved the next step is to unlock the wings/pets that otherwise take a metric fuckton of effort to get, or are otherwise flat out unobtainum.

9. Twinbladez

Twinbladez Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Canada
    That would be lovely as I dont have time to grind for rainbow goblins

May I ask you or anyone? What did you use to have his saves and can we edit it to our own liking? Like character’s names and such? I have started grinding already and I have 800 paragon. Idk anything about the hacking in switch coz im more familiarized with pc hacking. So I use hekate to back up, then use reixn? then next?

10. SaintEX

SaintEX Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2018
    United Arab Emirates
    Well, for me you need to have Checkpoint, then use it to backup your d3 save, get your sd card onto your pc, and edit the save in it with the editor, copy back to sd card, slot it back in, restore save using Checkpoint and done.

11. Shirakani

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2006
    Japan
    Yup, Checkpoint is the essential key app to getting your save. Naturally you must have a hacked/CFW Switch to do this. If you're playing legit on an unhacked Switch you cannot use these saves.

Just use Checkpoint to export, FTP the folder to your PC... replace the contents of the folder with the downloaded save contents and FTP back to Switch, then Restore in Checkpoint and you're done.

12. SaintEX

SaintEX Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2018
    United Arab Emirates
    Yeah I need to learn to transfer via FTP, ive been wearing down my sd card so much. Lol.

13. Twinbladez

Twinbladez Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Canada
    And how do I edit the contents like the paragons? What line of codes do I need to search for and also the names of characters coz I want to rename it. Sorry, FTP is? Thanks a lot btw.

14. kerelenko

kerelenko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    United States
    You need to use the editor to do that. You should probably search this thread for more information.

15. Stoned

Stoned GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 26, 2014
    Germany
    Nice. When you need Help Pm me.
    I Work on a Editor too. :)

kerelenko likes this.
  16. DevilzCY

DevilzCY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2015
    I meant $30 one time fee is probably OK, but $30 per month is a ripoff

17. Shirakani

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2006
    Japan
    Yeah, if it was $30 one time, no prob. I would have paid for that.

$30 per month? For something NOT EVEN CORRECTLY OPTIMIZED for the Switch ver? Yeeeeah no, just no.

DevilzCY likes this.
  18. Twinbladez

Twinbladez Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Canada
    I saw one on youtube editing his odyssey, I might try that. This save can be used for season? The one you shared.

19. bennie85

bennie85 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    Singapore
    hey guys, I used the save file above and started off at lvl 70. why do the monsters one hit ko me at normal difficulty mode? I have the primal weapon but I take a few hits to kill them. why is this so?

20. Shirakani

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2006
    Japan
    New player spotted :P

Having a Primal Ancient weapon means absolutely jack fuck all if you don't have the equipment to support it. A Primal Ancient is nothing but a 'max rolled' version of a weapon, the difference of which is usually around 15-20% (being generous here) improvement over a basic version. Its not a one shot. Also, those Primal Ancients, to be honest, are almost completely worthless as there is no set build to support them. Every weapon in the game can be a Primal Ancient, but that doesn't mean they're useful either. I fed them all to Kanai's Cube.

If you have absolutely no idea how to play the game, it is HIGHLY recommended you make a fresh level 1 and start playing on Normal difficulty and just learn the game. Trying to start off at lvl70 with absolutely no knowledge about how the game is played will simply overwhelm you. The leveling process is meant to gradually introduce you to your skills and abilities so you don't get overwhelmed.

The instant lvl70 saves are really only for people who actually know how to play the game, and people who have played on other versions (PC, PS4, etc) and simply don't want to start all over from scratch. You can keep all the stuff like the crafting materials and gems, but you really should make a brand new character and play through the story properly if you're a brand new player.

shedeus and Celediel like this.