Save .cia from Freeshop ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ProfiSuchti, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ProfiSuchti
    OP

ProfiSuchti GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey there,

i downloaded the game Rune Factory 4 from freeshop because i need the EU.cia file of it, but it seems that Freeshop removes the "cia" directly after installing it.

Is there any way to get Rune Factory 4 EU.cia ? i need the cia File in EU Region, its important because some Decrypt Reasons ^^.

2. Diego788

Diego788 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2014
    Chile
    Santiago, Chile
    did freeShop actually download a .cia? o.O
    i thought that freeshop download directly from nintendo servers and install ._.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  3. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    Ciangel?

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  4. NintenDavid

NintenDavid GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Soobway
    Freeshop doesn't make a cia. It downloads straight from the Nintendo CDN Servers, like the actual eshop does. If you want a cia, use ciangel.

ProfiSuchti and Diego788 like this.
  5. ProfiSuchti
    OP

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Wow, i didnt know that Freeshop uses directly the Nintendo Servers :o. Thats very nice (Because latest games with latest Updates and maybe DLC <333).

Alright let me look for ciangel now.

6. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Both the freeshop and ciangel rely on titlekeys to download content from nintendo servers. Freeshop probably downloads them as a cia but deletes it after it installs while ciangel keeps them.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  7. ProfiSuchti
    OP

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    So on both ways i would have a CLEAN .cia, with that Problem that Freeshop would delete the .cia directly ^^.

If Ciangel uses the Nintendo Servers, its alot better for me in this Situation, because i need a clean .cia for my work on editting some things in the .cia ^^.

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    FreeShop doesn't actually download a .cia at all, I don't know how it works exactly bit it installs it as it downloads it.

CIAngel does the same thing but you can change it to create cia mode as well (freeShop does not has such a mode). I think you switch modes with L and R.

If you run CIAngel as a .3dsx from homebrew, it can only create a cia. So if you can't figure out how to switch modes, just try running it from homebrew.

astronautlevel and ProfiSuchti like this.
  9. Drew That Gamer

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    Use CIAngel. It will download the CIA for you instead of directly installing it.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  10. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    See above. It can behave the same way as freeShop depending on which mode it's operating in. It doesn't always create a cia.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  11. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yup that is why i still use ciangel. It lets me download cia files so i can decrypt and then extract the files for mods. :P
    I use it only for injections and such. It works like a new born baby who can drink milk. :D

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  12. Drew That Gamer

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    Well, I meant to say CIAngel has the option to save to a .cia, unlike freeshop which installs it everytime.

ProfiSuchti likes this.